What kind of tank is this?

Bluehawk

Manchu Warrior

I am not sure what kind of tank it happens to be but I am curious if it is sitting in front of a high school?

• 1 month later...

Old thread, but it looks like the photo was taken at Ft Knox at the old Armor schoolhouse. They moved to Ft Benning when they stood up the Maneuver Center of Excellence but the buildings and a some of the armor remain at Knox.

phantomfixer

would be nice to have a tank and a cannon at schools today...referencing what looks to be a cannon on the sidewalk, behind flag/light pole...

would be nice to have a tank and a cannon at schools today...referencing what looks to be a cannon on the sidewalk, behind flag/light pole...

after i saw the cannon, my first thought was the retreat cannon the MP's were charged with firing each day. you would not believe the things other troops would stuff in the cannon, in the hopes that it would not be found before the MP's lit it off. do you have any idea how far golf balls will travel when fired from a cannon?

Old thread, but it looks like the photo was taken at Ft Knox at the old Armor schoolhouse. They moved to Ft Benning when they stood up the Maneuver Center of Excellence but the buildings and a some of the armor remain at Knox.

This tank is located at Joint Forces Training Base, Los Alamitos, CA

• 2 weeks later...
easterneagle87

Stuffing items in the barrel!!! I guess I'm too straight laced to think of that, BUT...it's awesome!! Golf balls?!?! Ha HA HA!!! LMAO!!

I actually looked into this for my school, but the army shut me down cold. I think you need to be a veterans organization to make a legitimate memorial, unfortunately. shame, my school had at least one man looked in Vietnam, until he recently passed, an 11th Armored Cav vet that took care of my classroom, a kid that was killed in the War on Terror, a West Pointer, etc., so it would have been a real memorial to me, anyway!