Woodland BDU - Modified in Afghanistan

Nkomo

Woodland BDU set used by MARSOC and modified in Afghanistan by an Afghan tailor. Not entirely sure of the time period, but I am going to say around 2011 to 2012. Bought directly from veteran.

Pockets were added to the front of the pants near the thigh pockets.

20151031_173211 (1).jpg

All the cool stuff keep ending up at your place Arch :)

Thanks for sharing these.

BTW did you get anything more from the veteran?

Hope to see you again at the SoS.

Best regards

Martin

All the cool stuff keep ending up at your place Arch :)

Thanks for sharing these.

BTW did you get anything more from the veteran?

Hope to see you again at the SoS.

Best regards

Martin

Martin,

Apparently, I got to the party late. He had been selling off his items over the past year and I somehow missed the majority of the other items. However, I did manage to get an early Dri-Fire woodland set that was issued to MARSOC in late 2012 or early 2013. This is the version with the brownish colored base shirt and greyish green pocket velcro.

Prayers said and the creek don't rise, I'll be at the SoS. See you there, my friend.

20151031_175127.jpg

Here is a picture of the early prototype woodland set made by DriFire. Caption with the picture says: This uniform, is a design concept for MARSOC of an FR combat garment (yes, thats Woodland Camo) featuring DRIFIRE’s Foretrex fabric. Not only is it FR, but it also incorporates Drifit’s moisture management and anti-microbial features. Recently developed, it’s an alternative to currently fielded FR materials.

20120925-131131.jpg

The MARSOC operators in the middle and on the left are wearing the later DriFire woodland set with the green base shirt and green pocket velcro. These versions started showing up in 2014ish.

marsoc-whit-drifire-uniform.jpg

The MARSOC operators in the middle and on the left are wearing the later DriFire woodland set with the green base shirt and green pocket velcro. These versions started showing up in 2014ish.

Looks like all three are wearing WWII style Raider patches. Don't see that very often. Great uniform Arch!