A Young Collector's WWII USMC Display

Jake the Collector

• 3 months later...
Jake the Collector

I finally got an original pair of P41 suspenders a while back, but I haven't had the time to post the update until now. So now my display is 100% original.

post-159182-0-23203600-1458597935.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello Jake!

Nice meeting you at the Chicago Militaria show today! Hope you found some good stuff for your collecting today!

Doug......panzerbait

Jake, that is a great looking collection. You have a good eye. Keep at it, I wish I would have started concentrating on Marine items when I was your age. Kevin

Jake the Collector

Hello Jake!

Nice meeting you at the Chicago Militaria show today! Hope you found some good stuff for your collecting today!

Doug......panzerbait

Nice meeting you, too. It was actually my first militaria show, and even though there wasn't much WWII USMC field gear, I had a great time.

Jake the Collector

Great collection. Is there a story on the trunk?

No story that I know of. Just an old trunk my family picked up at a garage sale years ago.

Jake the Collector

Jake, that is a great looking collection. You have a good eye. Keep at it, I wish I would have started concentrating on Marine items when I was your age. Kevin

Great display! I like it.

Thank you.

Jake

Great display!! Great collection. Is there anything that is at the top of your wish list related to WW2? What about books??

SF
Chuck

Jake the Collector

Jake

Great display!! Great collection. Is there anything that is at the top of your wish list related to WW2? What about books??

SF

Chuck

I'm always keeping my eye out for a copy of Grunt Gear at a good price.

Jake the Collector

I picked up this mint USMC two-cell grenade pouch at the Chicago Militaria Show last weekend in Northlake, Illinois. I also bought a 1943-dated mountain rucksack complete with the white snow cover and rifle strap for $75 (which I will post in the field gear section), as well as a 1942-dated Cadillac Fabrics first aid pouch. I plan to start a US Army ETO display sometime this year.

post-159182-0-47095800-1462127211.jpg

Tentitans112887

Nice job! Give it time and it will get a lot bigger. I've been at it only a few years and amassed a good bit of stuff.

Jake the Collector

I recently received this USMC pillow sham as a generous gift from a fellow forum member. I'm excited to finally add a "home front" piece to my collection.

post-159182-0-18634800-1462729971.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Jake the Collector

Finally purchased my first original WWII edged weapon: a USMC-marked Camillus fighting knife. It's a 1944-45 production knife, evident in the markings being on the guard rather than the blade tang. It also came with a sheath that's in very good condition. Despite the blade having some patina and a few nicks, it's a great piece overall.

post-159182-0-62157600-1465315530.jpg