A Young Collector's WWII USMC Display

Jake the Collector

Jake the Collector

Great display and items! You know, my haversack has the same reddish dirt tint to it. I like to think that it is the red clay of Okinawa but I have no way of knowing of course. Probably boy scouts down in Georgia! ?

Yeah, that's the most likely answer. But you never know...

Congratulations on your acquisitions. I would congratulate you on focusing your collecting interests and sticking to it. You're way ahead of the curve! I would tell you to keep your eye on the donut and not on the hole. Too often, collectors focus on what they don't have rather than what they have been able to acquire. Don't worry about not having certain items. Showcase what you have and be proud of your efforts. All you need to do to get the pieces you don't have is to spend the time and money to find them. Remember to only buy what you are interested in buying for your collection and to buy quality over quantity. You are off to a great start to what can be a great life-long hobby.

Allan

Jake the Collector

Congratulations on your acquisitions. I would congratulate you on focusing your collecting interests and sticking to it. You're way ahead of the curve! I would tell you to keep your eye on the donut and not on the hole. Too often, collectors focus on what they don't have rather than what they have been able to acquire. Don't worry about not having certain items. Showcase what you have and be proud of your efforts. All you need to do to get the pieces you don't have is to spend the time and money to find them. Remember to only buy what you are interested in buying for your collection and to buy quality over quantity. You are off to a great start to what can be a great life-long hobby.

Allan

Thank you very much for the kind words and advice. It truly means a lot.

Jake

Great start! I'd echo the advice to stay focused on your particular field of interest. You've got a nice assortment and display. Keep charging ahead and good luck. Half the fun is the hunt.

Semper Fi

Duke

Jake the Collector

Jake

Great start! I'd echo the advice to stay focused on your particular field of interest. You've got a nice assortment and display. Keep charging ahead and good luck. Half the fun is the hunt.

Semper Fi

Duke

Thank you.

Jake the Collector

You got to keep us updated. I'm defiantly intrigued in your collecting "style".

Will do. Although, with my budget the time between new items can be a bit long.

Staying on a budget and focusing on what you want to buy next will help you to focus your collection. Keep your eye on the ball and you'll go far.

Allan

Very impressive display, and quite an accumulation of fine items for a year and a half!

Well done, and thanks for showing us!

Jake the Collector

Very impressive display, and quite an accumulation of fine items for a year and a half!

Well done, and thanks for showing us!

Thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...
Raidercollector

Welcome to the USMC collecting field , You have started a nice collection. Keep it up. Research is key first.Unless its so cheap you can't resist it. Like most of us.

Nick

Jake the Collector

Update: I recently picked up this USMC sea bag. The seller claimed it was pre-WWII, but I know nothing about sea bags so I can't be sure. He also said it could've belonged to a Marine Corps surgeon, but, again, I don't know. Nevertheless, it's really cool, and it looks a lot better hanging above the collection than the All Quiet on the Western Front poster did.

post-159182-0-80863800-1448734403.jpg

post-159182-0-52308000-1448734413.jpg

Jake the Collector

Update: the USMC cartridge belt I ordered the other day arrived. It's a Boyt 1943. Seems like it definitely saw use, but it's still in really good condition. I've been wanting one of these for quite a while, so I'm pretty happy.

post-159182-0-43040100-1449357373.jpg

First of all it does my heart good to see a younger member interested in WW2 militaria....As already stated, you've got good start and a good eye for buying items in very nice condition....Keep up the good work.....Bodes

Jake the Collector

First of all it does my heart good to see a younger member interested in WW2 militaria....As already stated, you've got good start and a good eye for buying items in very nice condition....Keep up the good work.....Bodes

Thank you.

Jake the Collector

Finally got my dream item: a USMC-marked pistol belt. I practically stole it for 50 bucks off eBay, a deal that I'm sure I'll never see again. It came with a 1942-dated Sears M1911 holster that's had the flap removed (possibly for a quicker draw?), and better yet, it's a pre-war belt, evident in the early-style buckles and the possible 1939 date (can't be sure because it's really hard to read). I couldn't be happier. I still can hardly believe I finally have one of these in my collection.

post-159182-0-05576500-1449698917.jpg

Jake the Collector

The maker looks to be RM Co., and, ever so faintly, the date appears to be 1939. But I'll never be 100% positive.

post-159182-0-87468200-1449699127.jpg