M3 Blademarked Camillus

jw517

You all have heard this before I'm sure. I just got my first m3 off EBay. It has two pins that look correct I think.(spaced well) I'm not totally sure what to look for in the writing I guess. The middle of the Ms are longer than half way to the bottom. The handle looks so good it's scary though. Problem is I really can't get my pics small enough to show you. I can email them if some wants to see them! Help!

Double-pinned pommel is OK and it means WWII manufacturing.

There were two types of stamping on Camillus-made M3 blades during WWII:

1. US M3 CAMILLUS 1943

or

2. US M3 CAMILLUS

jw517- Theoretically you only need one. But, in reality, you will desire to collect more. You won't be able to control yourself. That urge for a blade-dated , or a guard marked Camillus will weigh heavy upon you. We're here for you! LOL! SKIP

you know what they say about lays potato chips, you can't eat just one, you can't stop with just one knife, you won't be able to control your self. enjoy your self. and ask alot of questions

I know it. I have all 7 M-4s in mint/ near mint condition with a few extras just in case a lose one,all the m-5s,m-6s,some m-7s,western fighting knives- shark,46-8,L77 and a PILE of other knives I couldn't live without. A whole bunch of 1219 c2s and later models,A cleaver and axe collection. I'm in up to my you know what!

I know it. I have all 7 M-4s in mint/ near mint condition with a few extras just in case a lose one,all the m-5s,m-6s,some m-7s,western fighting knives- shark,46-8,L77 and a PILE of other knives I couldn't live without. A whole bunch of 1219 c2s and later models,A cleaver and axe collection. I'm in up to my you know what!

Seven M4s?

Here's what you need to have:

Camillus

Aerial

ACC

Kinfolks

Imperial

Utica

Case

Pal

Camillus (Korea)

TMN

Conetta

Bren-dan

Wood Handle

Rubber Handle

At one time I had all of them, but decided to cut back.

LOL, I meant the WWII M-4s. Yes I have the rest of those too except the rubber and the wood handle. Just don't like the rubber and being patient about the wood.:)

[...] The handle looks so good it's scary though.[...]

Don't let condition scare you. There are still plenty of knives with good leather on them. Here's a quick close up of the grip washers on a couple of my M3s.

post-302-0-55895100-1446819906.jpg