Desert Storm Bring Back

Desertrat

I have never thought about that. I guess I need to document it for family members down the line. My son knows the stories but eventually things will get confused.

I found it in a BMP in Iraq, not sure of the exact location. It was after the Ground War was over, so sometime between the end of February and the end of March 1991.

I have a couple I recovered from Iraqi tanks in Kuwait during the ground war. Recently mounted them on my 'man cave' wall for display. Having read this, I realize that I should probably get some small cards and write up what they are, when and where I go them, etc...

Won't do any good after I'm gone if family don't know anything about these.

• 3 weeks later...

is the plug in piece for the head set made of metal or black rubber plastic? it seems the older models have a grey colored metal plug and the later ones have a solid black non metal plug

The plugs are also different for the Chinese supplies tanks (ie. type 59) and APCs and will help ID the type of vehicle it came from. Tom

is the plug in piece for the head set made of metal or black rubber plastic? it seems the older models have a grey colored metal plug and the later ones have a solid black non metal plug

• 3 months later...
SergeantMajorGray

My Polish tank helmet has a black plug but not my soviets or czech ones. I think only the polis did that as I've seen 91 dated soviet helmets with metal plugs.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks to a fellow member (Trenchfoot), I now know what the writing says.

27/8/1980

Al Faw

Abbas Jabel