6" JPK Camillus Reproductions?

camillus

Charlie Flick

Like Skip I am unaware of any outright reproductions of the 6" JPK made by Camillus. However, I do think that Camillus sold some 6" JPKs through commercial channels just as they later did with the 5" blades. I would not classify those blades as "reproductions" in the strictest sense.

Regards,

Charlie

I have not found any information that Camillus produced any non-military versions of the 6" JPK. That said, they may have sold some commercially but they were not different from the military production so you could not tell the difference.

Somewhat different story of course with the 5"JPK. Camillus sold them commercially and through the military stores (PX and the like) but they were identical down to the finish and markings. They marked their late non-military (post mid-1985) contract with a different company logo, but these were also sold through the military exchanges so they could have been used as private purchase by military personnel. They made a few versions for commercial sales such as the bright blade Astronaut / Survival versions, and supplied the knives for the Vietnam Aircraft series (which they did not make, but supplied the unfinished knives to the company that did the finish work). But basically, without some provenance you cannot be certain that a military style 5" JPK was actually delivered on military contract.

Charlie Flick

The plated 6 inch JPKs do exist. I can't be 100% certain, of course, but I would tend to think that any plated Camillus JPK was most likely made for the commercial market rather than military.

Here is my 6 inch plated Jet Pilot Knife made by Camillus. It has the screw on/off pommel just like Poch's example. (Poch, a very handsome blade you have there, too!)

Camillus 6 inch JP knife plated screw on butt left side ed.jpg

Camillus 6 inch JP knife plated screw on butt right side ed.jpg

Regards,

Charlie