506th patch, is it WWII period?

vicsjo

Hello,

I would like to ask for some help with this patch. I have not seen this variation before. Is it really WWII, it does not glow under black light. Thanks alot on advance.

post-158622-0-10612000-1446154663.jpg

Gee Bill, if only somebody would write a book which positively identifies this patch to the appropriate era. :rolleyes: I'm not trying to bag on Victor here, but if you are going to collect WWII Airborne patches, you REALLY need to get a copy of the Keller Brothers' "Emblems of Honor." It will show you rare patches from WWII up into the 1960's. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have seen patches being advertised as WWII when they are in fact later. I've even seen an example of the patch that started this thread sell for over $500 on eBay back in the BoB hoopla days because it was advertised as a WWII patch. A small investment in a reference book like "Emblems" will save you many times the price tag if it keeps you from buying a single reproduction or misidentified patch.

OK, I'll go sit down and take my meds now.

Allan

Um...if you are going to collect patches, you need to buy BOOKS, period. You can always tell the value of one's collection by their resources - the books they have. The Kellers have a terrific series of books that show period patches and period photos; Hans De Bree has an outstanding book showing how WW II (and earlier) patches were made. You can also join ASMIC to obtain The Trading Post.

WorldWarPatches

Whats going on with the missing white thread above the left dice? Would this have been a manufactures error?

Yes it is an error, still a nice patch to collect, just not WW2