1st SFG Challenge Coin; Laos

Thought I'd post this here and let some of the more knowledgeable folks give their thoughts.. Elephants on back, Thailand?

(I tried to edit Heading and take out Laos, but couldn't figure it out)...

This doesn't look like one of the "new" ones you see on ebay, etc.., but I'm not real familiar with these.

post-4361-0-67977800-1446127363.jpg

post-4361-0-24320600-1446127375.jpg

Thanks for the replies!

I thought the "elephants" symbols might indicate LAOS, based on this: Flag of the Kingdom of Laos, 1952-1975

But the characters or letters look more Thai than Laotian.

post-4361-0-02277000-1446207175.jpg

Showed a picture of the writing to a friend married to a Thai lady. Definitely Thai. Literal interpretation is:

Nation-Promotion-Rule-Strength.

Most likely a motto of the unit and was interpreted by the Thai's as Nation-Promotion-Rule-Strength. As my friend said it could mean: "National Unity through laws and strength".

Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the follow-up replies...

I'm still researching.. I found this on ebay - one side is very, very close to mine, however you can see that the details just aren't there.

post-4361-0-31420000-1446581221.jpg

and another couple found on ebay, both new...

The patch has similar arrow & stars and the coin is a combo of parachute,3 elephants, and lightning bolts.

post-4361-0-50624500-1446581892.jpg

Interesting coin. The three elephants are definitely a Lao symbol as seen on the old Lao flag. The dragon is a Vietnamese symbol. The writing is definitely Thai (not Lao) and I would translate it, with some help from my trusty Haas Thai-English dictionary as "nation, honor, discipline (good conduct following the rules), and bravery. The coin does not appear to be specific to any one country but to the region in general.