estate sale

Fratlanta

It is a put together. Those ribbons are Army and the red one is a Meritorious Unit Citation. That should be over the other pocket. What collar brass is on that?

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Sully was not implying that YOU added anything, just that someone did (most likely the seller to make it look more appealing). Either way, he is correct that those ribbons are not original to that coat and neither are the collar discs or black tie. It appears to be a modern issue Lance Corporal service alpha coat. If the chevrons are merrowed around the edges as they appear to be in the photos, it is less than 25 years old. If they are cut edges it could be a few years older.

The ribbons, L to R are Army Overseas Ribbon, Army Service Ribbon and Army Commendation Medal. They are actually in the exact opposite order of the way they should be worn which makes me think someone flipped an awards rack upside down. In the Army unit awards (the red one) are worn over the right pocket but in other services I guess they're mixed in with individual awards? Either way that rack doesn't belong on a Marine coat.

SgtMaddoxUSMC

In the Marines, if you are wearing your Dress Blue Alphas, then full-size medals are worn on the wearers left breast pocket and any awards for which there are no medals but only ribbons (i.e. NUC / MUC / PUC / DI / CI / Recruiter / MSG ) are worn over the right pocket. On a coat like this since medals are never worn, the ribbons would only be worn the left either above marksmanship badges or by themselves.