519th MP Lieutenants 50s uniform.

jdamaso111

Captainofthe7th

Great snag, i actually stumbled on this one and meant to keep my eye on it. Very nice piece and I'd wager a wartime item. I forget when the 519th was assigned to the higher units, but being a non-divisional battalion they bounced around and I'm assuming started with 8th Army and then fell under IX Corps. Looks extra nice with the DUIs, numbered brass, and bullion MUC. All Japanese made maybe? I'll have to check the unit citation roster to see when the 519th got those.

Is it named / numbered?

Rob

Thankfully you rescued it. I've seen some horrors that those "Artists" do to militaria on that site.

Yeah the hipsters love to trash bdus and dress uniforms.

Great snag, i actually stumbled on this one and meant to keep my eye on it. Very nice piece and I'd wager a wartime item. I forget when the 519th was assigned to the higher units, but being a non-divisional battalion they bounced around and I'm assuming started with 8th Army and then fell under IX Corps. Looks extra nice with the DUIs, numbered brass, and bullion MUC. All Japanese made maybe? I'll have to check the unit citation roster to see when the 519th got those.

Is it named / numbered?

Rob

Also please do let me know on the MUC citations!

Sorry to jump the gun on Rob Captain of the 7th, but this unit's got a extensive linage write up, so as we see the MUCs are for Korea. adoption date for their unit crest 6 September 1951.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/519mp.htm

That's great! I didn't realize the 519th had been formed during ww2 and was still around today.

Captainofthe7th

Yea, I got sidetracked. Thanks Patches :)

The MUCs were for the periods 1 nov 50 - 31 Dec 51 and 1 Jan 52-31 Jul 53. Basically they cover the entire war. These were awarded by DA GOs 106-52 and 78-53 (October 16), so I think it is safe to date the wear of this uniform to after October 1953.

Rob

Yea, I got sidetracked. Thanks Patches :)

The MUCs were for the periods 1 nov 50 - 31 Dec 51 and 1 Jan 52-31 Jul 53. Basically they cover the entire war. These were awarded by DA GOs 106-52 and 78-53 (October 16), so I think it is safe to date the wear of this uniform to after October 1953.

Rob

Thanks! I'm curious as to what awards an LT serving in Korea would have?

Thanks! I'm curious as to what awards an LT serving in Korea would have?

Awards? Valor Awards Or common service medals and or ribbons? If Valor Awards, then no telling what any soldier, Officer or Enlistedman might get, he might have none or he might win them all.

Awards? Valor Awards Or common service medals and or ribbons? If Valor Awards, then no telling what any soldier, Officer or Enlistedman might get, he might have none or he might win them all.

I mean campaign wise. Like I guess the cookie cutter awards for a deployment to Korea.

I mean campaign wise. Like I guess the cookie cutter awards for a deployment to Korea.

Lets See.

It would be these.

Korean Service (no telling how many Campaign Stars)

UN Service

Army of Occupation (maybe, it would of depended if he was an original member in Japan in the summer of 1950)

National Defense Service (probably)

I messaged the seller. She stated it belonged to her step-father. When I asked for his name she then told me it belonged to her step fathers friend. I'm guessing she doesn't want to give up her step fathers name which I respect.

You know Jd you neglected to post a close up of that 2 Award Toilet Bowl patch, can you? it looks Theater.

When it comes in I will get a good photo of it. Same with the other SSI.

Came in as I was going to work. It is bullion, MP pistols and DUIs are Japanese made. There is also a name in it. I'll post photos when I get home.

Ah Ha, didn't know it was in the mail on the way to you.

In person it looks 100% better. Photos really don't do it justice.