45th ID

erctut1

Hello. Is this patch right on a WWII/post WWII uniform? I say its wrong because of the merrowed edge. It just looks too new to me but i am far from an expert. Others say its correct. What do you think?

post-11587-0-56753900-1445805692.jpg

post-11587-0-40409900-1445805705.jpg

This is an interesting one...I was going to post it up on here, but quite honestly forgot.

This uniform is in the possession of the 45th Infantry Division Museum. Apparently, the curator gave the patch a thumbs up and the family of the deceased veteran vouched for the fact that it's been on the uniform forever.

Someone posted it up on facebook and an interesting discussion ensued. There were people discussing both the pros and cons of the patch. Finally, someone posted it on here for wider coverage...and turns out, it's modern.

I'd post up the link to the facebook discussion, but once a link to this thread was posted, the poster of the link was castigated and the thread taken down minutes later.

Always have to love drama...

The Museum has an outstanding collection of 45th patches, don't get me wrong. Have been there on multiple occasions. Great photos of patches being worn, too.