Hacksaw Ridge

JasonT

Anyone interested or excited to see Hacksaw Ridge next year? I'm hoping it's good. Judging on Mel Gibson's previous directing films, it should be dramatic and intense. I'm sure they'll be some creative licensing or whatever you want to call it, but what real life story-turned movie hasn't. Personally, I had never heard of Doss' story before.

I'm interested to hear what others think.

Summary:

Hacksaw Ridge is an upcoming American war drama film directed by Mel Gibson and written by Gregory Crosby, Robert Schenkkan, and Randall Wallace. It is based on the true story about US Army medic Desmond T. Doss, a conscientious objector who refused to bear arms, yet was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor by President Harry S. Truman for single-handedly saving the lives of over 75 of his comrades while under constant enemy fire during the brutal Battle of Okinawa in World War II. The film stars Andrew Garfield, Vince Vaughn, Sam Worthington, Luke Bracey, Teresa Palmer, and Rachel Griffiths. Principal photography began on September 5, 2015 in New South Wales. The project was originally brought to Hollywood by screenwriter/producer Gregory Crosby through the efforts of Stan Jensen of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.