The Man in the High Castle Free Preview

james127

I just saw an ad that Amazon is posting the first two episodes of the new series The Man in the High Castle this Friday. The series explores an alternate reality where the Axis powers win and divide the U.S. up between the Nazis and the Japanese Empire. I caught the first episode and really liked it.

• 1 month later...

Ive started watching the first season and so far am 2 episodes in. I think its pretty good and really makes you think about what could have been and further appreciate the importance of the sacrifices made by our country at the time.

CNY Militaria

I watched the whole series.....kind of slow at times, but overall a very interesting concept that kept me hooked!

I'm going to be a downer here.

I watched about the first 20 minutes of it and didn't care for it. Frankly, I thought it was loaded with cliches.

The opening scenes were straight out of the French resistance. And not to be a spoiler, but when a resistance cell gets wiped out in the opening scenes, it was just too fast, done and over.

The German uniforms and weaponry were taken straight from WWII, with no changes being made in the 20 years since WWII. Again, just a little bit too convenient.

I may give it a second shot, or better yet read the book. But I just wasn't impressed with the first viewing.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...