ETO German Helmet bring back.

Adrian6256

Hello, I recently purchased This German helmet from the nephew of a WW2 Army veteran. The nephew wasn't able to provide me with many details about his uncles service other than what he remembers being told to him as a kid. He was passed down several souvenirs from his uncles estate.

He told me his uncles name was Kiel Farrero, and that he served in the ETO with the 101st Engineers. I immediately thought this was probably wrong since it seems everyones grandfather was in the 101st, or fought on D-day. I looked up the name and only found little to no info on him. I was wondering if you guys could find any additional info on this GI. It aways amazes me to see what you guys can find out!

Thank You,

Adrian

post-158668-0-60552300-1445537727.jpgpost-158668-0-01624100-1445537709.jpg

That's a fine example of a Luftwaffe helmet. It might be minus its chinstrap, but any Nazi helmet with its original paint finish and decals is always highly prized by TR collectors.

USCapturephotos

Yeah great piece. I was going to mention that I thought the 101 Engineers were with the 26th Div. but Johann beat me to the punch.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody long ago hastened the death of the liner with some treatment-neatsfoot oil, whatever.

We thought we were preserving it-turns out we were ruining it.

Somebody long ago hastened the death of the liner with some treatment-neatsfoot oil, whatever.

We thought we were preserving it-turns out we were ruining it.

Back in the 1960s and early 70s it was thought a good idea to use vaseline as a leather preservative and conditioner.Much like neets foot oil.Both are not suited for leather being petroleum based.