Gettysburg 75th Anniversary Reunion Footage

80thdiv313fa

80thdiv313fa

Hey everyone I came across this video on youtube of the 75th and final reunion of the Battle of Gettysburg. I remember my Grandfather telling me how he went to this with the boy scouts in 1938. It was pretty neat to hear how he got to talk with and see veterans of the battle 75 years later. Its definitely one of those memories I will never forget him telling me. Here is the link.

• 3 weeks later...
1st AAA Group
Hey everyone I came across this video on youtube of the 75th and final reunion of the Battle of Gettysburg. I remember my Grandfather telling me how he went to this with the boy scouts in 1938. It was pretty neat to hear how he got to talk with and see veterans of the battle 75 years later. Its definitely one of those memories I will never forget him telling me. Here is the link.

That's an interesting story. There was a small shop owner just outside of the National Battle Field Park at Gettysburg. He had served in the Marines during WWII so we swapped stories about the Corps. I mentioned to him that my Great Uncle, a Confederate veteran had attended the 1938 last reunion. He then told me that he had grown up in the Gettysburg area and had gone to the 1938 event! Amazing when you realize what history he must have listened to! Made me wonder if he had ever talked with my Great Uncle. I have a VHS tape entitled, "The Last Echoes Of The Blue & Gray" that was made from existing motion picture footage showing Civil War veterans. I believe there was also a second VHS tape as well. It's a very moving film to watch.

• 2 months later...
memphismeister
That's an interesting story. There was a small shop owner just outside of the National Battle Field Park at Gettysburg. He had served in the Marines during WWII so we swapped stories about the Corps. I mentioned to him that my Great Uncle, a Confederate veteran had attended the 1938 last reunion. He then told me that he had grown up in the Gettysburg area and had gone to the 1938 event! Amazing when you realize what history he must have listened to! Made me wonder if he had ever talked with my Great Uncle. I have a VHS tape entitled, "The Last Echoes Of The Blue & Gray" that was made from existing motion picture footage showing Civil War veterans. I believe there was also a second VHS tape as well. It's a very moving film to watch.

A very moving shot of past glorious men

• 2 weeks later...