My collection- WW2 Airborne

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how I missed this thread before... absolutely tremendous... I am soooooo jealous!

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Love the 82nd AB leather jacket, that think just screams "badass" thumbsup.gif So how much is admission? :lol:

Brandon Sivek "God Bless Texas, and these United States"

In loving memory: Great Cousin 2nd Lt. Louis E. Machala, B-17 Pilot

2nd Air Force, 331st BG, 461st BS

Killed near Glenrock, WY on Feb. 25, 1943 during night time practice bombing

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WW2 ARMY AIR FORCE FLIGHT GEAR

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

PROUD MEMBER OF THE COMMEMORATIVE AIR FORCE

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FELLOW WINGNUT ASSOCIATION,

WINGNUTS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

Here is a photo of one of those 82nd Airborne jackets in use. These LT's were pilots that flew the Piper Cubs with a Forward observers in my Dad's outfit.

517th, ... you have some very nice items.

Greg

post-118-1212455207.jpg

My collection is strictly what my dad brought back from the ETO.

Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd Airborne, 319th Glider Field Artillery, A Battery - Normandy, Holland, The Bulge, and Germany... finishing with occupation duty in Berlin

http://ww2-airborne....ts/319/319.html

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys,please dont be jealous,i have been very lucky to collect this stuff at the right time before prices went crazy...

Greg: Love the picture of the A2`s` Thanks..

IMGP2348.jpg

Daniel G Harries 517th PRCT Ardennes/Rhine Crossing

WOW is about all I can say. w00t.gif

Where have I been to miss this thread. ermm.gif

And the goodness just keeps on coming and coming.

Thanks for sharing and continuing to share.

Written contributor to French Militaria Magazine, UK World War II Re-enactors Magazine &The Karkee Web Research Team.

Remembering the service of:
9095 Pte Alfred Fredrick NEWLAND, 7th Field Ambulance, 2 Division, AIF. WIA 16/11/16 France.
436 Private Albert McCANN, B Company 8th Battalion AIF. Enlisted 26/8/14. Killed in Action 17/6/15 Gallipoli.
VX24056 Gunner George Edward McCANN, 2/3 Composite Anti Aircraft Regiment. Enlisted 7/6/40. Discharged 3/8/44. Served in Australia and New Guinea.

donation2016.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2008.gif

WOW! What a fantastic collection. Thanks for sharing this.

I look at your photos and I am just amazed. Congratulation on that spectacular collection.

I especially like your dug and barn found items. How did you acquire them?

Thanks

Dennis

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

WOW! What a fantastic collection. Thanks for sharing this.

I look at your photos and I am just amazed. Congratulation on that spectacular collection.

I especially like your dug and barn found items. How did you acquire them?

Thanks

Dennis

Most of the items were found on my many trips over to Belgium,mainly from the Siegfried line & Bastogne area....517th

IMGP2348.jpg

Outstanding collection thumbsup.gif !! Now I don't feel so bad. I used to have a 82nd Airborne A-2 just like that.

It had the officers name stenciled in the lining. I sold it a couple of years ago since I'm strictly AAF.

Wonder if it's the same jacket?

Anyhow, one of the best Airborne collections I've seen!

J.D.

AAF Collector...........
**Always Buying WW2 Aviation Related Items: Especially Operation Tidal Wave items (1st Ploesti Raid) ..... WW2 Fighter Ace Related Items.....Higher End A-2 Flight Jacket Groups....AAF Related Valor Medal Groups**

donation2017.gif
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

All I can say is AMAZING. I am glad these artifacts are surviving. I have a war room but I have only been collecting for 2 years. I know this is a PRICELESS war room, but if you had to put a price on the whole thing, what do you think???? $1million?? 2million?? More???

I hope to have 1/4 of this collection. I am trying to also get into reenacting. If anyone ever finds ANYTHING on the 1258th COMBAT Engineers, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! This was my grandfathers unit. My Wife's father fought in the 82nd Airborne during WWII. I am trying to get into the trunk my mother in law has of her fathers WWII items. I have been dying to get into it. I really thank you for all the wonderful pictures. Again, I hope to have just 1/4 of the collection in 20 years. As now, the items are getting more and more scarce everyday.

Thank you!

1258th Grandson

All I can say is AMAZING. I am glad these artifacts are surviving. I have a war room but I have only been collecting for 2 years. I know this is a PRICELESS war room, but if you had to put a price on the whole thing, what do you think???? $1million?? 2million?? More???

I hope to have 1/4 of this collection. I am trying to also get into reenacting. If anyone ever finds ANYTHING on the 1258th COMBAT Engineers, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! This was my grandfathers unit. My Wife's father fought in the 82nd Airborne during WWII. I am trying to get into the trunk my mother in law has of her fathers WWII items. I have been dying to get into it. I really thank you for all the wonderful pictures. Again, I hope to have just 1/4 of the collection in 20 years. As now, the items are getting more and more scarce everyday.

Thank you!

1258th Grandson

Thanks for your comments,putting a price on the collection?,virtually impossible with the way prices are going but i like to think it is a good investment.Will be interesting for you to know what is in your wifes fathers`trunk. Good luck with your collecting...517th

IMGP2348.jpg

WOOOOOW is everything that comes to my mind when I see all these items!

Just unbelievable what you came across all these years of collecting! And everything seems to be in perfect condition!

I congratulate you on this outstanding collection of yours and want to say thank you for taking your time to show all these great items!

Thank you!

Heli

That is a dream! Property is not enough so a beautiful collection seen. Particularly with us in Germany very rarely to the extent

There surely very much time and money puts drinn. Mean large respect!

Daniel

mybanner4852df8090a0fcd9.jpg