My collection- WW2 Airborne

506th swivel bail shell, the olive drap paint has weathered away over the years leaving only a rusty green finish & the remains of the 506th spade....

post-401-1202238394.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg

Daniel G Harries 517th PRCT Ardennes/Rhine Crossing

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different items to purchase at the P.X. .......

post-401-1171149011.jpg

Thanks for looking...517th.

I just noticed the Raggy Doodle Paratrooper toy. Those are most cool. I have a few, one with a camo chute and one int the box. Dave

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Thanks to all of those who served.

Always searching for odd or unusual items pertaining to Aircraft Manufacturing Plant #4 in Fort Worth, Texas

Consolidated Aircraft - Consolidated Vultee - Convair - General Dynamics items

I just noticed the Raggy Doodle Paratrooper toy. Those are most cool. I have a few, one with a camo chute and one int the box. Dave

Dave: Thats good to know, i have never seen or heard of any others until now.Any chance of some pictures.......517th.

IMGP2348.jpg

Dave: Thats good to know, i have never seen or heard of any others until now.Any chance of some pictures.......517th.

Sure,

This one is dressed in brown camo. The other one I have (Its packed away, somewhere) has a green camo parachute. I do not remember the color of his jump suit though. I like the little parachute bag attached in back. The toy was patented about 1938. When we went to war EVERYBODY thumbsup.gif went to war. It can be found in some doll books. Dave

post-2156-1202283702.jpg

post-2156-1202283723.jpg

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Thanks to all of those who served.

Always searching for odd or unusual items pertaining to Aircraft Manufacturing Plant #4 in Fort Worth, Texas

Consolidated Aircraft - Consolidated Vultee - Convair - General Dynamics items

Haha that Raggy Doodle Paratrooper toy is great! Never seen those before, but they sure do remind me of the old days...

When I made chutes out of old bed sheets and plastic bags and strapped them on the backs of my playmobile puppets, and trew them out of windows :lol:thumbsup.gif

donation2008.gif
  • 4 weeks later...

Bought this M1 shell some years ago, interesting markings, especially on the side. I would like to think H.Q. Company?????. Anybody got any ideas?

post-401-1204399422.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg

• 2 months later...
I know it would be nourty but I would love to see some photos of the British mk2 Parachute helmet please a few of the inside would be most apreciated.

Fantastic collection something I’m aiming for.

post-401-1212348564.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg

I have two Raggy Doodles also.One is a little worse for wear,most of one leg missing.On the chute its marked(very faintly):US and Canadian Paratroops Ft.William Henery Harrison.I got it with some First Special Service Forces Items.I may try to restore the leg.Appears to be mouse damage.

The other is quite large,about the size of a 1960s GI Joe(1/6th scale?)It is completely decked out in parachute silk camo material.

I had a post on First Special Service Force items and you may be able to see them there.If not I will try to repost.

RON

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Wow, I was looking at this post yesterday went threw all the pages till i found it, just to your airborne guys an i thought hmm where has 517th been

Nice stuff!

Hi Justin:Been here all along,just had to get some pictures sorted for posting...

Hey Doyler. which forum is your Raggy posted

Once again,thanks for looking..517th..

IMGP2348.jpg

:huh:drool2.giftwothumbup.gif

In Memory Of......
Pte Harold Griffiths, 1805, 1/6th Manchester Regt, KIA June 4th, 1915 in Gallipoli
Cpl Isaac Judges, 40494, 6th East Yorkshire Regt, KIA October 3rd, 1917 in Ypres
May they rest in peace.....

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif