My collection- WW2 Airborne

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

517th, I don't know how I missed your earlier presentations. It would have been my loss had I not just come across it. I'm very impressed. 20 years of accumulation has done justice to your quest for airborne material. Most impressive! I have never seen, nor have I ever heard of the bullion AAF/Abn patch on the officer's o/s cap. Great piece! I look forward to more shots of your collection. Jack

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

On top is an early American cloth flag as seen on M42 jump jackets, in typical well used condition,found in the pocket of an M43 jacket. The bottom flag is the type seen on later M43 combat jackets,Holland & Rhine crossing,this was found in the pocket of my 82nd Airborne A2...

post-401-1200848654.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg

Daniel G Harries 517th PRCT Ardennes/Rhine Crossing

An Airborne Command trooper,unfortunately no name or date,found this at a militaria show,just another face lost to history.....

post-401-1200850121.jpg

post-401-1200850235.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg

Outstanding ! Years of dedication and hard work I presume..

Do you have any info on your 501st jump helmet...?

[/quote

Yes,twenty years of dedication. I aquired the helmet as the shell only,the only information i have that it was found in Holland & came from a reputable collector so its not one of these mickey mouse pots..517th

IMGP2348.jpg

An interesting document printed in Bastogne at the end of the Battle of the Bulge comemerating the famous "Nuts" remark made by general McAuliffe to the surrender terms from the germans....

post-401-1200951867.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg

A dummy parachutist nicknamed "Rupert" ,a hesian sacking material with a variety of stuffings to bulk it out to give shape & weight.Used on the evening of June 5th 1944 prior to the actual invasion & dropped in various areas to confuse the enemy of a much larger & widespread parachute drop......517th

post-401-1201287387.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg