My collection- WW2 Airborne

No matter how many times I look at this I still cant believe how much airborne stuff is in one place. I really like how it is displayed.

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

A dummy parachutist nicknamed "Rupert" ,a hesian sacking material with a variety of stuffings to bulk it out to give shape & weight.Used on the evening of June 5th 1944 prior to the actual invasion & dropped in various areas to confuse the enemy of a much larger & widespread parachute drop......517th

HA.LOL...You have a Rupert! Absolutely amazing. How did you get a Rupert?
  • 4 months later...

Hi Rob,

What a fantastic collection, viewing this from doha airport on the way to Asia for xmas. Thanks for emailing me.

I'm into AVG Flying Tigers stuff, and try to avoid getting tempted to get into other goodies like yours....but...but...but--tell you what: I really love that storied M1 helmet. That is completely authentic and laden with memories, for sure, and if you are into xmas gift giving or want to part with that just for the excitement of flipping, pleas let me know, Señor.

Great collection--estupendo! I haven't been active for almost a year because of work & stress, but your collection has re-awaken the hobby boy in me...hahaha.

Merry Christmas, bro!

Jose

• 2 years later...

post-401-0-66923100-1555886648_thumb.jpg

Its been a while since i have posted anything on here,taken a few steps back from the hobby over the last few years..

So finally got the Jeep back on the road,it's been a while. Still got some minor things to sort out but its good to drive it around again...

IMGP2348.jpg

Daniel G Harries 517th PRCT Ardennes/Rhine Crossing

As always, what a fantastic collection you have, Rob. Thank you for sharing. That jeep brings out all the nostalgia of hobby boys like us. Was that Italy that jeep was driven in that column? Woooow!!! Thanks again. Jose

Thanks Jose,the Jeep was the start of it for me,thirty years ago now :blink: ..The convoy was a run across Salisbury Plain in the U.K. on Ministry of Defence land,it was very dusty!..517th

IMGP2348.jpg

Been digging through my collection looking for something else and came across this little beauty that i was using to store various items.K Ration crate with its cardboard liner dated August1944

post-401-0-91664800-1555961835_thumb.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg

517th in post 606 you picture an overseas cap with what looks like pink piping and an art/eng patch.

Is that piping really pink?

It's a totally different shade of red.

Was the original owner in the artillery or engineers?

Very historical collection.

donation2013.gif

A visit from an old 517th vet friend of mine who came to inspect my collection...Long gone now R.I.P. Lt. Danny Harris

post-401-0-74896100-1556399042.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hi 517th can you check the overseas cap in post 606 and see if the piping is pink please?

Faded artillery..517thpost-401-0-13743300-1583788241.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg

post-401-0-74064300-1583789371_thumb.jpgpost-401-0-93077000-1583789773.jpgBeen trying to find any info on this jacket without success,i know there is not much to go on but any help would be appreciated...517th

post-401-0-88268900-1583789942.jpg

IMGP2348.jpg

Hi,

Just have one 2Lt Robert Steele at the 517PRCT 1Hq Don't have his ASN The Man I have was a S/Sgt commissioned and got the silver star. Made Dragoon combat jump.

Domi