My collection- WW2 Airborne

517th

I noticed your 101st airborne Paratrooper with parachute, has a slip on arm band US Flag, Is that something that was often used in theater, say around the normandy invasion, or later, or was it just easier than sewing it on? I have seen other pics here with them, and would really like to know about it. I also have an M42 reinforced Jump suit (Overlord) set, and I have not yet sewn on my patch, but if the slip on version is period correct, I'd figure out how to do that real quick, it just makes it easier I suppose, for those of us who usually get em sewn on crooked LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
oldtimecollector

What a great display!!!!! You've put a lot of work into setting this display up and it shows. Great work and some awesome items.

oldtimecollector

You have an absolutely superb collection and a fabulous display room. You can be very proud of what you have put together. Outstanding in every way!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice collection . It's quite evident that you've put a lot of time and TLC into it . Loved the 501 ,502 , 513 and 506 patches .

Ed

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent collection!

The A-2s are especially neat items. I know airborne A-2s are rare and probably pricy. Any idea of what they go for these days?

triplecanopy

Fantastic collection. It is an education to see all the period equipment and artifacts. Thanks for posting. Very enjoyable. Keep up the great effort. All the best,

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...