My collection- WW2 Airborne

517th

Yep i know what you mean regarding the pickers,been watching the American Pickers series on History Channel,its amazing what they find.......517th

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while so here is some more stuff. Asmall grouping from a S/Sgt Watkins 502nd,the combat jacket has been posted previously............517th

post-401-1304872104.jpg

A pair of Corcoran boots for a lazy paratrooper, an unofficial modification and apparently favoured by air crews although these are from a 17thA/B trooper .........517th

post-401-1304872947.jpg

strayduck230
Does anybody have a pair of these. Colt .45 plexiglass pistol grips, these came to me as part of a Glider Rider`s estate. Found out later that they were very popular fitted with a picture of a sweetheart or wife or even a pin up underneath the grip.

Brought back a bit of home and sanity in amongst death and insanity....517th

I also have a 1911 with the clear plexiglass grips. Bought from the vet who thought he might get in trouble for having it. :thumbsup:

Had picture of his girlfriend on one side, the other his parents. He took out the photos, but I plan to stick some old ones back into it for show. I will get some pics soon.

These items were found in a pocket of the combat jacket from above 502nd grouping. An interesting newspaper cutting on the progress of the war late '44 and an early american flag patch possibly removed from a M42 jacket as a keepsake............517th

post-401-1305456052.jpg

Poingiant to think that the last person to use these were American G.I.'s until i found them deep in an Ardennes forest........517th

post-401-1305480673.jpg

Amazing how communication has changed since WW2, a base of a broken ink bottle again found in an Ardenne forest........517th

post-401-1305481180.jpg

Dragged this from the Home Front section, no comment there so here it is. My Sad Sack doll minus his garrison cap,just wondering are there any more out there, maybe different variations,uniforms etc.........517th

post-401-1305924646.jpg

Dragged this from the Home Front section, no comment there so here it is. My Sad Sack doll minus his garrison cap,just wondering are there any more out there, maybe different variations,uniforms etc.........517th

He looks very lonely there :lol: standing at attention by him self.!

He looks very lonely there :lol: standing at attention by him self.!

Yes 1944 could do with a Mrs Sad Sack ;)..........517th

A theatre made pillow sham from Italy. A souvenir from Italy 1944 Florence to the 5th Army, attached to the 82nd A/B.......517th

post-401-1305927268.jpg

Yes 1944 could do with a Mrs Sad Sack ;) ..........517th

Thats Correct 517th you will have to get him a Mrs

then he might smile as he won't be so, so lonely anymore then :D .

il say it again...... That sure is one Amazing Collection you have got there Very Impressive !! & Congrats its one to be Very Proud of

Especialy with the Rare Paratrooper Items you have got and obtained there in your Collection.. Very Nice to see them all :thumbsup: :thumbsup: - 1944.