My collection- WW2 Airborne

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! What a great collection. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. You don't have happen to have an extra pr of original gloves that you would want to sell do you? I need a pr for my airborne display, Ray

donation2008.gif

WOW is right. How about a blow by blow description like rayg did with his. You guys have some fantastic collections on this forum. Do you have one of the T15 recoilless rifles? What about crickets, jump knives, M3s, etc?

Great work but I see you have the same problem as the rest of us. Not enough room. If it wasn't so cold here in the winter I would move into my camper and use the whole house for my collection

What do you collect? I might could store some of it in my house???

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Wow, i love the fully equipt GI's. Is that a scooter for paratroopers wich i see on the first pictures? Those scooters are cool thumbsup.gif

"Hey, bloody bucket division, our bucket, your blood."

Thanks for the feedback, 20 years of collecting & only been on display for the past year since finding a suitable place to put it all.The room could be slightly bigger cause I still have some stuff packed away but I`m very happy with the way its turned out.The scooter is a Cushman model 53 from 1944, it was found in the Netherlands & restored to present condition.The M43 combat pants are apparently the 17th A/B version with re-enforced knees as well as the big pockets. The Ike jacket although un-named is very interesting due to the fact that it was tailored in Galashiels Scotland which ties in with some units of the 101st training there with the British commandos.Hope thats answered all your questions, may post more pics later....517th

IMGP2348.jpg

Daniel G Harries 517th PRCT Ardennes/Rhine Crossing

post-401-1170794160.jpg

My "dug ups" & barn finds from Belgium, mostly from the Belgian/German border, the northern sector of the bulge, 82nd A/B area & Bastogne.

IMGP2348.jpg

Daniel G Harries 517th PRCT Ardennes/Rhine Crossing

Hello! Your collection is just amazing. Great work and Congratulations. I just can believe you've some nice material with war stories or ID soldiers to tell...

Regards, Yannick

In memory of S/Sgt Sherwood H. Hallman (PA) F co, 175th Rgt, 29th division, BSM, PH w/olc (wounded in action june 8th in Normandy), MEDAL OF HONOR for action at Ilioc farm, Plouzané Sept 11 1944, KIA near Fort Keranroux, Brest Sept 14 1944. His son Sherwood Hallman II wearing the Medal. All my love to my adoptive family in Pennsylvania USA and to all my veteran friends.
You're the best!
29 LET'S GO!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif