The Weapon Hunter

chcole1

I just ran across this show on the Smithsonian Channel. The episode was about WW2 sniper rifles and included some screen time with this forum's own Bob from Vintage Productions. Really interesting stuff. I appreciate a show that dedicates an entire episode to one subject matter.

Chris

My brother in PA called me to let me know he'd watched this show with Bob Chatt on it and was all excited because he'd met Bob when he was out here during Bob's spring militaria show in Pomona.

Let's see now Bob: that's WEAPON HUNTER, AUCTION HUNTERS and COMBAT CASH. Still waiting for you to walk into the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop and give them stinkeye when they make a lowball offer.

vintageproductions

This one was a lot of fun to film.

The host Paul Shull is an uber historian / collector geek ( just like the rest of us), and he made it fun. We were scheduled for eight hours and did all shoot in less then two.

It's too bad not everyone gets Smithsonian as I think this series has "legs" to stand on.

• 2 weeks later...

The show is decent, but his adventures to find what he needs are simply veiled set ups to feature big time collections. I don't know why they feel the need to go through these charades; just show the collections!

Ian

My job requires supervising film/video production. It's rare a shoot gets done ahead of time. Must have been a buttoned up crew.

Chris

This one was a lot of fun to film.

The host Paul Shull is an uber historian / collector geek ( just like the rest of us), and he made it fun. We were scheduled for eight hours and did all shoot in less then two.

It's too bad not everyone gets Smithsonian as I think this series has "legs" to stand on.

vintageproductions

Trust me I have been on many shoots that went way over the scheduled time.......This was a pleasure

• 2 weeks later...

Ran across the Sniper Rifle episode the other night...I was hooked! Looks like I have all the current episodes on On Demand, so I can't wait to check them out. Thought it was really well done....the host is good, and it's got a different twist to make the show (What's the best Sniper rifle of WW2...well I have to go find them and shoot them!). I do love that he goes into the field per say to visit collectors. Overall, I really enjoyed it. Nice job!

vintageproductions

Tonight the episode was shown that involved Steve Preston. They had held off showing it until after his memorial services. At the end was a nice tribute.