China Burma India Hand Carved Jewelry Box Engineer CIB / Dragon Motif

This is a really cool Jewelry Box that was hand carved from one piece of wood (probably teak wood) that has a beautiful motif of dragons, and in the center is a CBI insignia with an Engineer Castle. I picked this up from a woman who said her husband brought it home from WWII. She was not sure about his service, but his name is engraved under the lid. The box is still in outstanding condition, and the lock still works perfectly. I am sure it must have taken the person many hours to carve this piece.

Thanks,

Devin

post-59872-0-23000200-1445135202.jpg

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII 8TH & 9TH AAF UNIFORMS/NAMED MEDALS/SCRAPBOOKS/ANY TYPE OF GROUPING!

wow. :o

"America shall win the war. Therefore, I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone." -Martin A. Treptow Jake L.

NO ONE IN HISTORY HAS EVER CHOKED TO DEATH FROM SWALLOWING THEIR PRIDE.

Heaven help me, how I miss my friend

Extremely beautiful, unique, and delicate piece. It is amazing that it has survived so well.

...Kat

Thanks Kat, I am still in the process of cleaning it up. So far I have removed about two pounds of dust. It is remarkable that the wood is in such good condition after being in a basement unprotected all these years.

Devin

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII 8TH & 9TH AAF UNIFORMS/NAMED MEDALS/SCRAPBOOKS/ANY TYPE OF GROUPING!

Wow that box is a beauty just the amount of work put into carving it is incredible !!! Great Find

Please Remember the Following Service Members who have passed on!

Manley S Webb- 1925-2006 US Navy WW2

James W Boutilier - 1921-1983 US Navy Seabees WW2

Russell W Haight - 1876-1953 Spanish American War, Cuban Pacification, Mexican Border War NYNG

Lt Colonel William H Warren 1921-2014 USAF

Thank you guys...I don't know who carved it but they had talent, and the fact that it is all one piece is amazing to me.

Devin

donation2017.gif

Thank you guys...I don't know who carved it but they had talent, and the fact that it is all one piece is amazing to me.

Devin

ive made one piece boxes, this what you have is a whole other category of carpentry.

"America shall win the war. Therefore, I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone." -Martin A. Treptow Jake L.

NO ONE IN HISTORY HAS EVER CHOKED TO DEATH FROM SWALLOWING THEIR PRIDE.

Heaven help me, how I miss my friend

Awesome box!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Forum Member #1691 since September 2007

Served in the US Army from 1960-80

First Sergeant (Retired)

Vietnam 1967 with 7-15th FA ~ [8"/175mm Gun] First Field Forces

Vietnam 1968 with 1-30th FA ~ [155mm] 1st Cavalry Division [AIRMOBILE]

President & Historian 30th FA Regiment Association ( WWW.HardChargers.Com )

Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the 30th Field Artillery Regiment in 2018

CBI

That's a weird CBI "patch/shield". That looks like the Japanese chrysanthemum and the Japanese star instead of the American star and the Chinese emblem.

Nice box and carving anyway.

Ronnie

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif