Original M1860? Help needed please

Hi all,

I'm very new to civil war items and really don't want to get stung with a copy. I've tried doing some research but I'm struggling. Any help in identifying if this sword is genuine would be hugely appreciated!

Here's the pictures:

post-157589-0-21387300-1445024475.jpgpost-157589-0-75679800-1445024494.jpgpost-157589-0-03332000-1445024514.jpg

Thank you in advance

Tony

suwanneetrader

I've been out of the CW sword trading for along time 25+ years but I do not think the Roby Chelmsford markings were reproduced on an 1860 saber and certainly not one of this quality. It had little or no use. Maybe because it is dated 1865 but even tho too late for the CW it was still regulation for the I.W's. Very very nice example. Richard

Looks like a good one and very nice condition. From what I've heard, 1865 Roby swords were made too late to get into the war, which may explain the great condition and large quantities still out there.

Exceptional original M1860 Roby Saber, Now to keep it in that condition. I think I would invest in some Renaissance Wax for that beauty. Stuff comes from the UK.

Thanks for showing,

Terry