need help with helmet?

Niki

Just received this helmet and i know there are some issues with it like missing com cable etc.

But could anyone ID this helmet type?

I think the mask is a NAVY MBU-14/P or a MBU-17/P depending the type of communication setup,when i look in the book "jet age flight helmets" i can see that the colors (green/black) on the mask are the same , but the inside remind me of a APH-5 setup

The tag on the back sayed Quarter helmet but its hard to read the rest and there was a helmet bag that the spec.label DAVID CLARK CO INC.MFG dated FEB .1969

This helmet came from a lady who lived in Texas thats why i wounder if its a NAVY helmet beqause the oxygen mask but NAVY in Texas?

Maybe it is stupid of me not knowing the basses of the NAVY in the U.S. but i'm ready to learn about it.

ANYBODY????

post-158693-0-44304600-1445021485.jpg

post-158693-0-06475800-1445021498.jpg

post-158693-0-30428000-1445021510.jpg

Looks like a USAF HGU-26/P..with a contract date of 1984.....the small bar coded tag is for the Air Force Human Resource Lab...testing for aviators and environments they operate in...generally speaking...which makes this IMO a cool helmet

Mask is just a standard early MBU-12 mask. If it had been setip in a Navy config such as the 14 or 17P it would have had the microphone amplifier block.

Looks like 84 to me. I dont think they used the term quarter shell assembly then and early HGU-2 shells I've seen had the label inside the helmet

You have a very nice, 1984 dated helmet and it appears to have come out of Brooks AFB (HUMAN RESOURCES LAB). The mask is the first version of the MBU-12/P and that corresponds with the helmet date. The liner looks very well made. You have a very nice helmet. The HGU-22/P quarter assembly was used to build the HGU-26/P which is what I think your helmet actually is. Very nice example..

northcoastaero

The HGU-26/P helmet has additional snaps on the sides for the nuclear flash protection goggles. Possibly used by B-52 pilots and aircrew. Other possible aircraft could include the F-111/FB-111 and B-1.