WWII 6th RANGER BN Jacket

36-tex

Bag it and place in the freezer for a couple of weeks. That will terminate the infestation. Dry clean next - maybe you can save It!

That's one jacket that is sure worth the time and effort to save! Hope it turns out well, and please let us know. Love the tag as well

Mark,

It can be saved.. Place it in a freezer bag in the freezer for 72 hours. Take it out, thaw it for 24 hours, vacuum the uniform, the liner, the pockets, collar, all inside and out. Place it back in the freezer in a new freezer bag and refreeze for another 24-48 hours. Take out again and repeat the process..

You can remove the metal insignia so rust with the thaw wont start to develop

Leigh

Honestly that's in better shape than some jackets I've seen.

Yeah, I have a couple named ones with more significant moth damage that I won't strip, and they aren't as rare as this one. Definitely worth killing the bugs and leaving this one together, as a damaged named ranger jacket is better than none at all.

Please please please do not strip this beauty! 6th Ranger uniforms are the rarest of the Ranger Battalions because of how few members served in that unit!

- Jake

It is what it is and as a uniform collector, I think it looks great. If he was an Indiana vet, I would be trying to work a deal with you right now! Please don't strip it!

Mark,

It can be saved.. Place it in a freezer bag in the freezer for 72 hours. Take it out, thaw it for 24 hours, vacuum the uniform, the liner, the pockets, collar, all inside and out. Place it back in the freezer in a new freezer bag and refreeze for another 24-48 hours. Take out again and repeat the process..

You can remove the metal insignia so rust with the thaw wont start to develop

Leigh

I want to add since some are saying not to strip the uniform, I agree 100%, however, you can remove the metal insignia and replace into the same holes again once fumigation is completed.. You do not want condensation to build up on the metal pins and clutches which will cause rusting. So once fumigation is complete then re-attach the metal insignia

Leigh

• 4 years later...

The link to the Cabanatuan Raid participant list no longer works. Does anyone know if there is another one (link)?

Thank you