36-tex

WWII 6th RANGER BN Jacket

Bag it and place in the freezer for a couple of weeks. That will terminate the infestation. Dry clean next - maybe you can save It!

And I looked, and Behold a Pale Horse:

And his name that sat upon him was death,

and Hell followed with him.

Revelation Chapter 6, verse 8

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

That's one jacket that is sure worth the time and effort to save! Hope it turns out well, and please let us know. Love the tag as well

Looking to buy US dog tags, any era. Contact me and let me know what you have!

Mark,

It can be saved.. Place it in a freezer bag in the freezer for 72 hours. Take it out, thaw it for 24 hours, vacuum the uniform, the liner, the pockets, collar, all inside and out. Place it back in the freezer in a new freezer bag and refreeze for another 24-48 hours. Take out again and repeat the process..

You can remove the metal insignia so rust with the thaw wont start to develop

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Honestly that's in better shape than some jackets I've seen.

Looking for any WWII 104th "Timberwolf" Division items.

Including items from the 413th, 414th, and 415th Infantry Regiments 104th Recon Troop, 329th Engineer Battalion, 329th Medical Battalion

385th, 386th, 387th, and 929th Field Artillery Battalions 804th Ordnance Company 104th Quartermaster Company 104th Signal Company

555th Anti-Aircraft Battalion, 750th Tank Battalion 692nd Tank Destroyer Battalion 817th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2014.gif

Don't strip it!!!!!! Have you checked to see if he participated in the great raid?

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Honestly that's in better shape than some jackets I've seen.

Yeah, I have a couple named ones with more significant moth damage that I won't strip, and they aren't as rare as this one. Definitely worth killing the bugs and leaving this one together, as a damaged named ranger jacket is better than none at all.

In memory of Dr. Leo P. Krall, USPHS
USS Uniontown (PF-65)

Interested in uniforms / groupings from Massachusetts and New England veterans

(particularly 26th "Yankee" Division), and original propaganda leaflets from WWI and WWII.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Please please please do not strip this beauty! 6th Ranger uniforms are the rarest of the Ranger Battalions because of how few members served in that unit!

- Jake

Collecting World War II Army Ranger gear and documentation.

Rangers Lead the Way!

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Nice find Mark

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

It is what it is and as a uniform collector, I think it looks great. If he was an Indiana vet, I would be trying to work a deal with you right now! Please don't strip it!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Mark,

It can be saved.. Place it in a freezer bag in the freezer for 72 hours. Take it out, thaw it for 24 hours, vacuum the uniform, the liner, the pockets, collar, all inside and out. Place it back in the freezer in a new freezer bag and refreeze for another 24-48 hours. Take out again and repeat the process..

You can remove the metal insignia so rust with the thaw wont start to develop

Leigh

I want to add since some are saying not to strip the uniform, I agree 100%, however, you can remove the metal insignia and replace into the same holes again once fumigation is completed.. You do not want condensation to build up on the metal pins and clutches which will cause rusting. So once fumigation is complete then re-attach the metal insignia

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Hey...Hey...no stripping on the forum. ..

Now that's funny....only you would come up with that Robert. Alex

The link to the Cabanatuan Raid participant list no longer works. Does anyone know if there is another one (link)?

Thank you

I'm a bit late to this one, lol. Was this uniform stripped or was it saved?

In Memory Of

ARM2 Frank Bednarz USN 1919-1943 WW2 KIA

EMC. Monroe Blevins USN 1919-2009 WW2

TSgt. William Mohn USMC 1913-1977 WW2

SSGT. Robert Duvall USA 1944-2019 VIETNAM