Help Needed To Identify Pre-WWII Pinback EGA

AirMechanic

I recently found this EGA at an antique show and decided to take a chance on it. I believe this is a pre-WWII (perhaps 1930's) officers service uniform collar EGA, but I don't know if that is correct, or when exactly it is from. It measures 1 3/8" wide by 1 1/4" tall. It has a long pinback, which doesn't quite open to 90 degrees, and a "C" clasp. Can anyone tell me what exactly do I have here? Any help is greatly appreciated!

post-7244-0-83068000-1444872591.jpg

post-7244-0-75604800-1444872658.jpg

Photographs show introduction around 1920-1922. Come screw post and pinbacked, dress and service. Mainly officer use, however resembles an enlisted EGA (one piece construction and no separately applied continents). I have found them in enlisted lots. Much larger than officer collar or enlisted collar size. I surmise this version probably saw limited use by both officer and enlisted due to its odd appearances and construction not prescribing to officer or enlisted EGAs of the era. This version was later used as sweetheart jewelry in the 1930's-1940's with a variety of attachment forms.

Mike