B-15C S.T.Ayers

Niki

This is a jacket i found on the internet and was fortuned to buy it

The jacket belongs to S.T. Ayers starting his career in 1943 with the Army Air Corps and later the Arkansas Air National Guard

From 1954 he jioned the 507th Tactical Fighter Group and ended his career as a Major General in the U.S.Air Force Reserve at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

being a korean war collector its giong to be one of my gems and wil honor it in the collection.

post-158693-0-61454100-1444761479.jpg

post-158693-0-48977100-1444761493.jpg

General S. T. Ayers

Birth: Nov. 22, 1925

Arkadelphia
Clark County
Arkansas, USA

Death:

Jun. 25, 2012
Oklahoma, USA

S.T. Ayers, 86, went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ June 25, 2012. S.T. was born November 22, 1925 in Arkadelphia, Arkansas to the late George Mirel Ayers and Linda Wilkes Ayers. He was preceded in death by two sisters and three brothers. S.T. is survived by his wife of 60 years, Eva. Survivors also include his brother, Herman "Bunk" and his wife Jackie of Torrance, California, his loving daughters, Sherri Cook and Janice Nuttall. Extended family includes sons-in-law Jon Cook and Roy Nuttall, grandchildren Emily and Steele Beaty, Michael Cook, and Matthew and Ali Cook, and Jeremy and Cathleen Nuttall. S.T. was very successful leading dual careers in petroleum geology and the Air Force Reserve. Reaching the rank of Major General in the Air Force Reserve on July 8, 1981, S.T. served 40 years on active duty and with the National Guard and Air Force Reserve. He served as the mobilization assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics and Engineering at the Pentagon. Awards and medals included the Meritorious Service Medal in recognition of this extensive service in air logistics. S.T. received an associate degree in general engineering from Arkansas Polytechnic University in 1942 and a Bachelor of Science degree in geology from Oklahoma A&M University in 1951. He enlisted in the Air Force Reserve in 1943 and was called to active duty in 1944 before being discharged in 1945. He then enlisted in the Arkansas Army National Guard and was commissioned a second lieutenant in 1950. Later he served active and reserve duty with the Strategic Air Command, Air Training Command, Military Airlift Command, and Air Defense Command. He served in 937th Military Airlift Command in capacities that included maintenance and logistics. In 1973 S.T. was selected as mobilization assistant at the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center and a year later was designated mobilization assistant for logistics operations at Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. In 1983 he assumed is duties at the Pentagon in Washington, DC. S.T. began his career as a petroleum geologist with the Pure Oil Company and later Allied Materials of Oklahoma City. He founded his own business, Ayers Exploration, where he remained active in the oil and gas industry until his death. He was also a member of AAPG & SIPES organizations. Other areas of service and interest included the Civil Air Patrol, Optimist Club, Baptist Temple Church and cheering for his Oklahoma State Cowboys! Visitation, at Mercer-Adams Funeral Home in Bethany, was held on Wednesday evening, 6-8 p.m. Funeral services were scheduled for Thursday, 10:00 a.m., at The Baptist Temple Church, NW 30th and Villa in Oklahoma City. Interment with full military honors followed at Resurrection Cemetery in northwest Oklahoma City. In lieu of flowers, the family requested donations in S.T.'s memory be made to The Boys Ranch Town, 3800 N. May Ave., Oklahoma City, 73112 or The Baptist Temple Church, 2433 NW 30th St., Oklahoma City, OK 73112.

Burial:
Resurrection Memorial Cemetery
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma County
Oklahoma, USA

Created by:
Mike Casey
Record added: Jun 27, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 92655974

Guestbook for S.T. Ayers

Name: Cynthia Smith Yocum

Message: Sorry for your loss. I was not aware until today that S T had went to be with the Lord. My prayers are with you and your family. Love you guys.

* A candle has been lit *

Name: Caroline Young

Message: My precious Eva. I'm so sorry for your loss and I love you very much.

Name: Robert and Beckie Potts

Message: ST was truly a marvelous "oak" rooted strongly in faith, family and friends. While we will miss him terribly, we rejoice in knowing we will be able to see him again. God bless the Ayers family whom we dearly love.

Name: Jerry & Elaine Muhlberg

May the Knowledge that ST is with the Lord bring you comfort at this time.ST was a great person who sought to bring out the best in everyone he met.

Name: Carroll Johnson

Message: Eva - My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. S.T. was such a good friend and one who would help when called upon.
Carroll Johnson

Name: Shelly Owens

Message: I am so sad to hear about S.T. He was a wonderful friend and an inspiration to me and my family. God Bless you all during this time. He will be missed.

Shelly Owens

Name: Charles Kietzman

Message: Knowing and being involved with S.T. thru the USAF Reserve program and the Oklahoma CAP Wing was a distinct honor and privilege. He exemplified the best qualities of a gentleman and a USAF officer.
He was proud to serve his country.

Charles B. Kietzman
Lt. Col., USAF Res., Ret.

Name: Ken Younkin, Col, USAR Ret.

Message: I met MG Ayers as a young officer and member of the 95th Division US Army Reserves. We met at the Officers Club at Tinker AFB. He was always very cordial and professional. He set the example of how all military officers should present themselves and treat others. I was fortunate to see him again within the last year or so. We ran into each other at a Dr's office. His shinning example and service to our nation will be greatly missed.

Name: Virginia Keller

Message: Col Ayers, former commander of Oklahoma Wing Civil Air
Patrol was wonderful to work with. I'll always remmeber his smile.

Name: Beth White

Message: It was a pleasure serving as a member of Major General Ayers staff during his years as Oklahoma Wing Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander. He was a wonderful leader and a very nice man. He will be missed...
Beth White, Lt Col, Southwest Region CAP

Name: Randal Neely

Message: Eva Jean and girls - I have enjoyed every conversation I ever had with S.T. as he is always an encourager. Take comfort in the Lord!

We Love You,
Randal

Name: April and Pat McTiernan

Message: Dear Eva, What a blessing it has been to have gotten to know S.T. a little over the last couple of years. He always greeted me at the door with a smile! You have been a blessing in my life and I truly value your friendship. Our prayers are with you and your family at this time! Love to you, April

Name: Alice Moulton

Message: Eva, Janice, Sherry and families, Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. He was a dear person who we loved and respected. You were blessed. Max and Alice

Name: Rev. Joe Sinko

Message: S.T., I know beyond a doubt that you were a dear saint of God, a gentleman of the highest caliber, a man of class and distinction, a patriot who loved, served, and understood what America is truly about, a great husband, father and grandfather and so much more. I will miss seeing you with Eva on Wednesday nights, hearing encouraging words from you, seeing you in your uniform during special events at Baptist Temple, and private chats about important things. How I thank God for getting to serve with you and even more, I thank God that you are surely home in heaven with the Lord, the Bright and Morning Star. See you soon dear friend. Rest in peace. Brother Joe Sinko

Name: Dianne Barnes

Message: The world was a different place for having Uncle S.T. in it. He changed so many lives and was a light for many. Blessings to you, Aunt Eva, and to everyone who loved this special man.

-------------------------------------

Mercer-Adams Funeral Service

3925 North Asbury Avenue

Bethany, OK 73008

(405) 495-4363

Daily Oklahoman

Ex-generals seek state battle plan

Bob Vandewater • Published: December 7, 1999

Several retired Air Force and Army generals will meet today in Oklahoma City to try to organize a group that could be a valuable source of free advice on how to make Oklahoma a better place to live and do business.

The group, which will meet at the Capitol, was the idea of some veterans, including Oklahoma Corporation Commissioner Ed Apple and Jay T. Edwards, the commission's general administrator.

Apple served in the U.S. Marine Corps. Edwards, a retired Air Force major general, had a long military career that included service as commanding general at the Air Logistics Center at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City.

"Through the years, I'd noticed that quite a few general officers, after concluding their military service, remained in Oklahoma," Apple said. "Here were people who could have lived anywhere in the world but who made a concerted decision to live in Oklahoma.... It occurred to me we have a tremendous resource" in that group, he said.

Edwards said he envisions the retired generals organizing as a voluntary advisory body.

"It may very well be that no one wants our advice," he said. But he noted that as former high-ranking U.S. military officers, "We have basically had leadership management responsibilities that have given us certain skill sets that I think, when we put them all together... , ought to be of some benefit to the (Oklahoma) department of commerce, veterans affairs, the governor's office or others.... If they want to tap into this experience base, we're available," he said.

Gov. Frank Keating will present welcoming remarks to the retired generals at today's meeting.

Among those invited were retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Richard Burpee, retired Air Force Maj. Gen. William Bowden and Edwards. Bowden and Burpee are now Oklahoma City area residents, as is Edwards.

Edwards said other retired generals invited include Air Force Maj. Gen. S.T. Ayers and Army Maj. Gen. Charles Jones III, also of Oklahoma City; Air Force Maj. Gen. Jerry Holmes of Norman; Army Maj. Gen. Clyde Spence Jr. of Enid; Army Major Generals Lee Baxter and Eugene Korpal and Brig. Gen. Horace Sanders, all of Lawton.

Retired leader's summit

The Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center held a summit in the Anaconda Conference Room in Bldg. 3001 last week for retired general officers and senior executive service members to stay informed on events at the center. The event was hosted by Maj. Gen. David Gillett OC-ALC commander. Front row from left: Mr. Robert Conner; retired Maj. Gen. Jay Edwards; retired Brig. Gen. Frank Bruno; retired Brig. Gen. Ben Robinson; General Gillett; Brig. Gen. Bruce Litchfield, 76th MXW commander; retired Maj. Gen. Rita Aragon; retired Lt. Gen. Richard Burpee; retired Maj. Gen. William Bowden; Mr. John Over, OC-ALC executive director. Back row from left: retired Lt. Gen. Charles Searock; retired Maj. Gen. Jerry Holmes; retired Brig. Gen. Jack Gingerich; retired Brig. Gen. Stan Sieg; retired Rear Adm. Greg Slavonic; retired Maj. Gen. S.T. Ayers; retired Lt. Gen. William Hallin. (Air Force photo/Dave Faytinger)

Posted: 5/19/2009

City Members of Civil Air Patrol Honored for Exemplary Service

Oklahoman Published: December 7, 1990

Civil Air Patrol members of Oklahoma City Squadron No. 1 were recipients of awards for exemplary service at the recent Oklahoma Wing conference in Tulsa.

Cadets receiving the Commander's Commendation award for contributions at the University of Oklahoma's Space Academy Workshop were Lucas Flanagan, Brian Heck and Kurt Hellen.

Cadets receiving the Oklahoma Aerospace Certificate and medallion for participating in the rocketry program were Flanagan, Heck, Hellen and Greg Seymour.

Capt. Delores Seymour was selected as the wing's senior member of the year.

Capt. Lee Perkins received a Commander's Commendation and plaque as aerospace education officer of the year.

Senior members receiving commander's commendations were: Capt. Robert Hawley, for coordination of cadets and senior members at air shows during the past three years at Will Rogers World Airport;

Perkins, Capts. Steve Eikelman and Edward Frye and Lt. Linda Simonds Frye for their commitment and leadership in the cadet flight encampment this past summer; Capt. William Fennell as director of maintenance; and Lt. Henry Willis, public affairs officer.

Colonel S.T. Ayers of Oklahoma City assumed command of the Oklahoma Wing from Raymon Busik. Ayers joined the organization in 1953.

The Civil Air Patrol is a volunteer, non-profit civilian auxiliary of the Air Force formed in 1941 as an emergency measure to use civil aviation aircraft and pilots in the national defense effort.

Kicking B15...don't see too many of these and great condition....wonder why the USAF did put the Hap Arnold star on the B15Cs...would have looked sharp...the L2As had em, the 15B and D had them....why skip the C....

anyway rockin jacket...I was just rambling

Hello, I picked these items up at an estate sale just a couple of months ago at the former home of General S.T. Myers. Thought I'd share these with you.

IMG_5554.JPG

IMG_5555.JPG

IMG_5556.JPG

IMG_5557.JPG

IMG_5560.JPG

IMG_5561.JPG

Here's some more items of S.T. Myers. The painting of a civil air patrol plane is a watercolor. By the way, Tulakes Airport in Oklahoma City is now called Wiley Post Airport.

IMG_5562.JPG

IMG_5564.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

IMG_5565.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG