USO Camp Shows Collection

355fg

Saks Fifth Avenue provided a lot of the uniforms for Camp Show members..

Re: the cap I just posted. There is a very worn tag inside. And, now that I know what I'm looking for, I can read "Saks" and "Fifth."

The cap also has the initials CAR written on the inside silk lining.

Here are a selection of different programs for USO Shows. With the exception of photos, anything for a show done in the Pacific is scarce, thus most of these programs are ETO related.

These first two programs were for shows done in London. The one on the left is from an early show in December 1942. The one on the right featured a performance by James Cagney.

post-4651-0-20485300-1445185578.jpg

These next three programs include the very popular "The Barretts of Wimpole Street" autographed by Katherine Cornell and Brian Aherne, "Blithe Spirit", and "Pardon Me".

post-4651-0-63137200-1445186138.jpg

Last one for now, but I have more if anyone is interested. This program was for the musical "Oklahoma". By the end of the war some large stage productions were being performed and "Oklahoma" was being shown in Manila just after it's capture.

post-4651-0-21993600-1445187217.jpg

Very Nice collection, I love to see these great ID'd pieces. Actually one of my favorite items in my collection is a helmet grouping ID'd to Violet Carlson, a Vaudeville Comedienne who performed with "Camp Show 53".

That's a nice piece to have. Is there a Camp Show insignia on the helmet? I've seen a couple photos with the Camp Show patch painted on, but I would be suspicious of a fake/reenactment piece unless it was ID'd like yours.

Keith