Help with IDing USAF unit patches

vzemke

Top pic, middle is 4017 CCTS, top right 8 MAS. Bottom left to right: 911 AREFS, 70 AREFS, 413 BS.

Bottom pic- 11 AREFS, 962 AEW&CS,93 AEMS, the last is possibly 803 Supply Sq.

Randy

Randy has the correct ID #2 bottom left - 93rd Armament and Electronics Maintenance Squadron. The motto for #2 bottom right is listed in Polders as 803rd Supply Squadron, but I can't find a positive visual ID.

Randy has the correct ID #2 bottom left - 93rd Armament and Electronics Maintenance Squadron. The motto for #2 bottom right is listed in Polders as 803rd Supply Squadron, but I can't find a positive visual ID.

I know he is.I was just saying it looks like it.That patch has been on here before.

Salvage Sailor

Here's some info on LORAN and DSPG (Defense Special Projects Group)

http://www.loran.org/ILAArchive/ILA-NewsletterArchive/1973-2-Summer%20%28Volume%201%20No.%202%29.pdf

and.....

1971 - Relocated to the American Embassy in London
1 MAY 1972 - MYSTIC Mission demonstrations held for possible for Loran-C coverage in central Europe.
Commanding Officer CAPT Curtis J Kelly JUN 1971 - JUN 1973
ggmf may be the station identification (gmf is General Master File) - might be Hohenfels, Germany
From the obituary of Leo F. Fehlner
In 1955 he joined the staff of the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, where his work contributed significantly to the development of Loran as a precision navigation system. During the Viet Nam war he was head of Defense System Projects Group (DSPG) concerned with the tracking of North Vietnam truck convoys carrying munitions to the South. Leo’s group determined that positioning requirements could be met using Loran navigation provided by the Tight Reign chain established in South East Asia by the US Coast Guard in 1966. Under his leadership DSPG was active in promoting Loran receiver development. Mr. Fehlner held patents on Loran Systems and for the design of marine hulls, aircraft wings and early cruise missiles. He retired from Johns Hopkins

Anyone recognize the crest in the center of the patch? Probably the operating control unit in Europe.