Sign in to follow this  
maxx

MP items

Very nice pieces. thumbsup.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Always looking for WWII 10th Mountain Division uniforms and groupings

Nice collection Maxx.

I really like the Air Police sleeve, any idea on the age/era of it?

donation2008.gif

Thank you Gentlemen, I can only hazzard a guess about the AP brassard. I am guessing mind to late 50s.

My favorite is the "Armed Forces Police". I believe these were issued in Washington DC during the VN era. Where there would be a combined Constabulary representing all branches with authority to arrest any serviceman. IE a Marine could detain a soldier from the Army etc. The Military police would often work in a trio representing the three main branches to avoid complications.

The larger club is a riot club from DC area as well. It has a rack number tag and is US marked. It is a very formidable weapon in close quarters and is very stout. The night stick/billy club was hard to find. Many of them, like 45 holsters, were painted black. This particular one I got from a Navy vet along with the SP brassard, and white holder.

The pistol belt has brass grommets, I dont know the era. The leather piece, which didnt photograph well, is a baton holder with is also marked US and has a "lift the dot" fastener.

The white cord is of course a pistol lanyard similar to the OD/leather ones we see on Epay quite often.

The GAS brassard, I believe, could be Army Air Force. That is what I was told anyway. It could be NAVY I suppose.

donation2009.gif

The Air Police arm band could date from 1948 through the early 50's (when my dad was in). Some time in the mid 50's they went to AP and then in 1966 it became Security Police. In 1997 they went to Security Forces.

Collecting and learning since 1970

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

Life Member, Disabled American Veterans
Member Dorsey-Liberty Post 14, American Legion

The Air Police arm band could date from 1948 through the early 50's (when my dad was in). Some time in the mid 50's they went to AP and then in 1966 it became Security Police. In 1997 they went to Security Forces.

Jayhawk is correct, The Air Police armband, brassard, was worn from the time we separated from the Army in 1947. Actually the MP brassard was worn for awhile during the transition period, 1948-1953. There are two colors of Air Police the light blue lettering and an orangish. You can also find them in other colors, black band yellow lettering, etc., when made in country or locally made. post-33130-1303187316.jpg There is also a Town Patrol brassard. You can find them made of leather and other materials. These will be covered in a book Into the Blue, USAF Uniforms 1947 to Present, Volume 2. Volume 1 has just hit the shelves and is hard to find. http://www.amazon.com/Into-Blue-Uniforms-F...3251&sr=1-2 Some sellers are trying to rip us of by buying the first books out at $60.00 and now trying to sell them on Amazon and eBay for up to $181.00. DON'T let them rip you off. I'm pushing Schiffer to get them out ASAP at a decent price. AP/SP/SF, fatigues from sage to green, BDU's DBU's and ABUs, also formal and Mess Dress. I'm trying to upload a photo right now that shows MP's in Army greens who are actually soon to be AP's. If the photo comes through look at their brass and shoulder patches, photo is 1949.

Anyone who has a uniform that is of historical interest to the USAF contact me and we'll see if we can get it into the book. All photos are attributed to those who share them. Anyone know of the all khaki SF uniform cut like the old OD-105's/ Shirt with only the two upper pockets, tucked into khaki pants without the cargo pockets? Sorry the upload failed. I'll try to get it posted.

Great seeing your items, keep it up!

Lance0906

the basic lineage of USAF Police

Military Police (1947 - 1948)

Air Police (1948 - 1967)

Combat Defense (1959 - 1967) SAC only

Security Police (1967 - 1997)

Security Forces (1997 - present)

Mark

Here's an Air Police brassard on a '49 dated Blue 84 four-pocket coat. The USAFE patch is a German-made BeVo type.

post-8022-1303196102.jpg

Sabrejet

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif