"Fury"....and friends (pic heavy)

Sabrejet

the barrel on the Fury camera platform tank looks like a prop made of fiberglass tubing thats been painted over to look authentic?

the tank fest looks like lots of fun, wish I was there B)

the barrel on the Fury camera platform tank looks like a prop made of fiberglass tubing thats been painted over to look authentic?

the tank fest looks like lots of fun, wish I was there B)

You would be correct in that assumption Bolo.

As referred to above...note the British Army serial number and metal name plate on the Sherman which became "Fury"...repeated on both sides. (I'm in the "Wardaddy position" in the commander's cupola!)

post-8022-0-49146800-1444210108.jpg

post-8022-0-88858400-1444210223.jpg

Ian ,

I signed my name inside the FURY turret.

Did they paint over it ?

Dang I spent so much time around that tank I know it like the back of my hand.

owen

Hello Owen...I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't have thought so. It's an important part of its recent history! It has been re-engined though and had new tracks fitted, post-movie. You must've worked it hard!?

vintageproductions

Here are a couple of props for you.

The first is the prop muzzle from Fury that I believe was used for all the non-firing scenes. It was a gift from the Director.

muzzle.JPG

Then the rubber German boot knife that Pitt wear's in his boot.

knife.JPG

The m4 that got hit by a panzerfaust has two different styles of tracks?

Well spotted...I hadn't noticed that! Don't suppose it would have shown up in the movie.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

That gets me thinking,a tank rips up all the grass and digs ruts in the mud, how did they redo it for each take?

That gets me thinking,a tank rips up all the grass and digs ruts in the mud, how did they redo it for each take?

Well, as the tracks get quickly become clogged with mud and debris, as seen in the photo, the different cleat details would not really be noticeable, especially if it wasn't in close up. As for the technical aspects of re-setting things for each subsequent take, the man to ask would be Owen, aka kammo-man as he was on set every day as a part of the production team.