General Insignia N.Y.

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

I did not find this maker listed here.

CIB belinged to an Army Vet who served from 1942 until early 1970. So wide range of possible manufacture Era. Help Richard

post-15934-0-52158500-1444061938.jpgpost-15934-0-16189900-1444061985.jpg

suwanneetrader

Still Wondering as can not find anything --

Does anyone know when they were in business and how scarce are items with their hallmark? Richard

Since no contractor code must be pre-1960.Post WWII hallmark is just letters G.I., NY, or with Sterling mark if item so constructed.

suwanneetrader

As this vet served 1942 until about 1972 and he got a SS and a DSC in Korea I was hoping this mfg was late WWII (becauce of the clutch backs) thru Korean War. I did find (old USMF postings) there was a General Industries but they had a logo and most were brass restrikes. I can not find a mark like this but there has to be more out there and if no info regarding the manufacture maybe some were on unmessed with uniforms to help narrow down a time frame. Help. Richard

• 6 months later...

I see on Andrew Lipps wartimecollectibles.com website that he states that Bell Trading Post is also known as General Insignia Company. So there's a little more information to go on for you.

• 1 year later...