Army Major's whites

USMCRECON

I went to the MAX show in Pittsburgh yesterday with another forum member. We also went last year and at that show it seemed it was mostly Nazi and German items, which I don't have much to do with anymore. This year it seemed to be only about 50-60% Nazi/German with more US stuff available. I ended up buying a set of Army LTC whites from a soldier who fought at the Chosin Reservoir, with 3/31/7ID. Below are some pictures of the find. There is a section of the white trousers that apparently were exposed to dust, etc over the years as that are is a bit yellowed and there are a couple light soil spots here and there but otherwise it's in pretty good condition. The rank and DIs are pinback while the crossed rifles, US and ribbon bard all have flat-face clutch backs.

post-1107-0-63273800-1443966976.jpg

Close-up of the markings on the waistband of the trousers. I adjusted the contrast and brightness of this one a bit to make the markings more visible. That also caused the white material to appear rather garish in spots and more soiled in others than it truly is.

post-1107-0-43321900-1443967377.jpg

• 3 months later...
Captainofthe7th

Bill, I just replied to another one of your posts from October (I ran a search for Chosin so I've stumbled on both of these)...do you know who these belonged to? I'd like to help you find out. This looks like an early set up, since it lacks the UN service medal. I would love to know who this set belonged to. Not too many officers made it out of the reservoir so it may be possible to find your man based on the initials, though they look a bit funky. Maybe they are stitched Japanese characters, I see that a lot. Do I see W5993 stamped in the trousers?

Rob