Navy Good Conduct Nickel Cross

Shakethetrees

Shakethetrees

Fresh out of estate sale yesterday!

I've only seen one or two I'm my 40+ years of collecting. This one came with about a dozen pages of research that I'm still digesting. The first type U.S. Navy Good Conduct Badge (Nickel Cross) has been on my wish list for too long to remember.

I'll post more when I come back to earth!

post-160253-0-44374400-1443898257.jpg

post-160253-0-11559700-1443898267.jpg

Was it the estate of a collector? I am guessing it might be if it had research with it. Nice find!

Kurt

Shakethetrees

Yes. He was a lifelong collector, but I don't recall his name. But I'm still too excited to hold the iPad to do any good photos at this time.

Lots of numbered things, but the organizer broke everything up to stretch out the net. Boxes were lotted up separately and sold. I will probably be getting rid of some pretty good boxes soon.

I also got a nice China group and some numbered individual things.

Shakethetrees,

Nice find. Can't tell from the photos. but if the ribbon has a bound edge, it's a replacement. That's not bad or unusual. Still looks good. The suspension pin is nice. Since the medals were issued without a suspension, there is a great mix of pins....when you even see one.

Can't see the name. Can you tell me what it is? I've been collection and researching these medals longer than I want to admit. I may have something on the sailor if the medal's been in the marketplace before.

Regards,

Bluejacket

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow you learn everyday, had i seen this somewhere i wouldn't have thought much at all of it! Congrats on the score and thanks for the lesson!