Small Garage Sale Find

Of course I asked who it belonged to and if there was anything else. She said it was her great uncles and all she had was a box of old toys of his from the 30's.

I asked if I could take a look. I don't know much about this stuff but just thought it was cool for 5 bucks each.

DSC_2024.JPG

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

The tab is excellent and a good deal as well. The toys were a downright steal...the green toy truck looks like an arcade, the green and red stake side looks like a wyandotte and some other interesting pieces. The cap guns are excellent! I would have been more than happy to pick those up! ABN

California

"Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."

-Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

''A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.'' Gerald Ford

"Those who melt their guns into plows will plow for those who don't." Thomas Jefferson

"I live in weirdville." Owen

donation2011.gif

Nice finds Eric

If your not a toy collector you are now ;)

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Agree with Kurt

Looks like the Lapanese made bullion work,wool and quilting

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Nice tab!!

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

Eric,

I suspect the arc is for "Air Communications Service". It was apparently a short lived post WWII service with the designation lasting less than a year in 1946.

There is also an arc that exists for "Army Airways Communications Service", AACS, which had a longer duration.

http://www.afcommatc.org/history.html

AFCA Lineage The Army Airways Communications System was first organized on 15 Nov 1938, in the Directorate of Communications of the U.S. Army Air Corps. On 13 Apr 1943, the official lineage of the Army Airways Communications System as a separate organization began with the constitution of the Army Airways Communications System Wing. The Wing was activated as part of the Flight Control Command on 26 Apr 1943. On 14 Jul 1943, the Wing was reassigned directly to the Army Air Forces. It was redesignated the Army Airways Communications Service, the Wing designator was dropped, on 26 Apr 1944. On 13 Mar 1946, the Army Airways Communications Service was redesignated the Air Communications Service and reassigned to the Air Transport Command. The Air Communications Service was redesignated the Airways and Air Communications Service 11 Sep 1946. Airways and Air Communications Service was reassigned to the Military Air Transport Service 1 Jun 1948.

http://www.cbi-history.com/part_v.html

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Thanks a lot, Gil. I think you nailed it. As you said they (this designation) did not last long (only 7 months). In such a short duration I wonder if a US made patch was ever contracted. Perhaps the only examples of these are foreign made.

The toys are AWESOME. I'm saving them for my grandson.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Forum Member #1691 since September 2007

Served in the US Army from 1960-80

First Sergeant (Retired)

Vietnam 1967 with 7-15th FA ~ [8"/175mm Gun] First Field Forces

Vietnam 1968 with 1-30th FA ~ [155mm] 1st Cavalry Division [AIRMOBILE]

President & Historian 30th FA Regiment Association ( WWW.HardChargers.Com )

Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the 30th Field Artillery Regiment in 2018

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.