USMC P1912 Winter Service Uniform & Group. 5th Brig. 8th MG Co. Cpl. J.J. Prendergast

nchistory

Thanks for posting the grouping. And I also agree with Eric ... a good textile conservationist could do a restore. IMO, it would be worth it. I would pay to do it if it was mine.

Tim

Hey Chris

Glad to see you got the majority of the paper... Hopefully more to come. It's a great group. I can only agree that it would be a great candidate for the restoration.
Look forward to the rest of the pics. Good for you holding the seller to his word. Good luck!

D

Chris,

I believe that this is the missing ribbon bar above the sharpshooter badge and the WWI Victory ribbon.

The Ribbon on the left is the VFW ribbons. The one on the right is the unofficial WWI Victory ribbon.

Allan

post-151-0-76344200-1444236139.jpg

post-153086-0-52570700-1444237250.jpg

Steven Girard sent this the other day as well.... Chris, I think i know what the ribbon is that is next to the Fourragere and above the Sharpshooters Medal - The ribbon might be the "Inter Allied Victory Medal Ribbon". It was for a unofficial WWI Victory Medal that wasn't authorized by the U.S. Military and was a privately-produced ribbon used for some cities and states in 1919.

post-153086-0-85363000-1444239937.jpg

Quick question or validation guys. Prendergast joined Co. June 21, therefore should have 5 battle stars?? Look at this pic closely for your opinion. 4th star(missing) 2 pin holes. There appears to be 2 other holes, total four, so 2 stars missing? Looks like discoloration of star 5th?? Not expecting miricles, just thoughts, I'm trying to restore ribbon as well