unknown us patches

kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01

Here are some patches I recently obtained with a lot - three are probably fake as they look foreign made and just don't look right - the ranger related patch is a stumper as I have never seen it. Any idea what they are or represent? Thanks

post-6492-0-61453000-1443661353.jpg

The bottom left is an alternate design for the 18th Airborne Corps. Not sure it was ever worn.

-Ski

Was always under the impression that this was a UA SSI (jacket patch) for the XVIII Airborne Corps Artillery

The 82nd Airborne Sniper patch is probably Taiwan made, and I think came out in the 1980's for sale in surplus stores and catalogs.

Not sure about the RANGER, probably an ROTC unit.The XVII A/B Corps Arty & 82nd A/B look like reproductions.There was no 400th Inf Div. Looks like some one tried to make a fantasy 100th DIV or it could be a foreign unit.

• 4 years later...

The 400 patch is for a unit - I think battalion - from Central or South America.  There are also patches for 100, 200 and 300 in the same design.  The 100 patch is sometimes sold as an oversized variation of our 100th Division.