Anyone every imported a military vehicle i.e. truck, armor or support vehicle?

Captainkgun

I've seen several brokers in the UK and Europe who broker used military equipment. A lot of soviet trucks and armor, even some WW2 T-34's. Anyone ever imported anything to the USA?

Thx

Too Much WW1 Militaria

A guy I was stationed with in the UK bought a WW2 Damiler Dingo. Bought space in a container for around $1500 or so, and shipped it home when he PCS'ed. I think it gets tricky with anything with a gun on it.

John

It's not impossible, but it is important to remember that for importing to the US you will have the exchange rate against you in a pretty significant way. Also MVs are very popular in Europe and therefore are not generally cheap. Recent rulings will allow importation if US made armored vehicles that are obsolete again, and of course foreign MVs even armored vehicles are okay. In general however, unless you have very deep pockets it is much much better to purchase your vehicle already in the US. If you're looking for something specific try David Uhrig's website where he frequently has really good and interesting vehicles listed.

Tom Bowers

It's not impossible, but it is important to remember that for importing to the US you will have the exchange rate against you in a pretty significant way. Also MVs are very popular in Europe and therefore are not generally cheap. Recent rulings will allow importation if US made armored vehicles that are obsolete again, and of course foreign MVs even armored vehicles are okay. In general however, unless you have very deep pockets it is much much better to purchase your vehicle already in the US. If you're looking for something specific try David Uhrig's website where he frequently has really good and interesting vehicles listed.

Tom Bowers

Thanks for info. He has some really great vehicles.

I found this site with a nice mix of Soviet era equipment and Austrian equipment too.

Obviously the import issues you stated would apply...

www.exarmyvehicles.com