Fake DQP FAP on eBay

USMCman01

I know this might be apparent to most but for the ones interested, DON'T TOUCH IT! The male snaps don't have the carr marking, although the female snaps do. (Female snaps with carr markings can be seen on common WW1 gear, therefore it is commonly seen) I got to say the repros on these things have been getting scary alike to originals.

Item number: 321875827783

post-154969-0-13102900-1443242025.jpg

Looks off to me, but I asked the seller about the marks on the snaps. He added two photos of the female snaps and none of the male. He did say he thinks the male snaps are marked Rau.

Seems odd to not have the internal grommet suspension holes, but have the earlier 1913 dated Carr snap. United Carr merged in late 1920s if I recall correctly so this does not add up. Color of duck material is a bit of too. My two cents worth.

Hello,

I am not very comfortable with this one but I just noticed that the FAP was sold 2 weeks ago as a supposed repro on Ebay (item #181858993658, see there : http://www.ebay.com/itm/181858993658?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D181858993658%26_rdc%3D1)

E

Looks very similar to the one I bought a few years back that was questionable.

Fraudulently made from real original parts to trick people that it is real but it was recently assembled.

Stay away from this one!

LF

Absolutely fake, these have been discussed enough now that nobody should still be falling for these!

The seller bought this in another auction as a reproduction. I will add him to my ignore list, pretty sad what some people will do on e-bay to make a couple bucks.

The faker who is making these is getting better and better. Last year at SOS I saw a fake first pattern pouch made by the same hands, so those aren't safe anymore either.

Regards,

-Steve

Absolutely fake, these have been discussed enough now that nobody should still be falling for these!

The seller bought this in another auction as a reproduction. I will add him to my ignore list, pretty sad what some people will do on e-bay to make a couple bucks.

The faker who is making these is getting better and better. Last year at SOS I saw a fake first pattern pouch made by the same hands, so those aren't safe anymore either.

Regards,

-Steve

Do you think someone is still out there making these? I was under the impression they came from a batch that someone made awhile back and they have just been circling around the collector community ever since. I do see more and more of them, so it makes sense someone is still making them...

At least they are relatively easy to spot if you know what to look for, It's a shame so many people get duped by these.

Schnicklfritz

Do you think someone is still out there making these? I was under the impression they came from a batch that someone made awhile back and they have just been circling around the collector community ever since. I do see more and more of them, so it makes sense someone is still making them...

At least they are relatively easy to spot if you know what to look for, It's a shame so many people get duped by these

I am the original seller of this pouch from a few weeks ago. As mentioned, it was sold as a reproduction. I believe I know the new seller and am going to contact him. I have dealt with him in the past with Civil War era items and he has always straight up and honest. I don't think the current seller is aware that it is truly a repop, but believes it to be an original. I wouldn't say that he is intentionally trying to put it to someone, but that he is just not informed on these.

I have 2 more of them and have seen shovel covers, canteen covers and a P41 pack of this particular shade of orange tan cotton drill. My understanding is that when the fabricator made these repops, he used the orange-tan fabric out of a misunderstanding of early USMC Depot made items. I think I remember his name and I'm certain he was from out of Arizona and was selling these back in the mid to late 90's. I'm trying to remember all the particulars of these items, but the years have left a fog...

I'm at MAX right now but will post more info later.

The type I fakes made by the same hands to me at least are new. I wouldnt be surprised if more are being made but maybe he made a few type I's at the same time?

Wish i had taken some pics, but it was at a show. They will surface on ebay eventually im sure. Good news is I havent seen any fake pouches at MAX. Not that there were any dqp pouches here. One fellow has a super nice ega snap cartridge belt though!

-Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And listed once again...

I informed the seller of these pouches and referenced these threads, but he ignored it. Seems pretty typical, but sometimes I give the benefit of the doubt maybe the seller was not aware (not in this case).

Regards,

-Steve