Thunder Over MI Battle

CorsairAce

Just got back from Thunder Over Michigan. They had a nice battle with several Shermans, Sturats, Halftracks, and Herter tanks.

DSCF92862.jpg

DSCF92863.jpg

DSCF92892.jpg

DSCF93192.jpg

DSCF93892.jpg

DSCF93962.jpg

DSCF95962.jpg

DSCF96412.jpg

DSCF95952.jpg

DSCF96132.jpg

DSCF98792.jpg

Lastly I showed some of the guys in chat this one. The German reenactors were very nice and let us look at their panzerschrek, Mp-40 and a few others. This is my girlfriend and I just couldn't let this pic go to waste. ;)

Listening.jpg

Awesome pictures! I like how you used the sepia coloring to the photo's giving it that old WWII era look. However, no insult intended, but some of those Airborne boys were a bit chunky to be jumping out of a plane and really wouldn't have cut it in WWII. ;)

Bugme- I thought the same thing about those AB guys! Some of them wouldn't have cut it in a normal infantry division!

jeremiahcable

Gents, at the request of other members I clipped the images that were focused primarily on "German" personnel out of the thread. Those in accompaniment to US/Brits I left in.

Thanks for posting the images of whats looks like an interesting time!

Gents, at the request of other members I clipped the images that were focused primarily on "German" personnel out of the thread. Those in accompaniment to US/Brits I left in.

Thanks for posting the images of whats looks like an interesting time!

Also, why is the Captain driving the jeep when he has two lower ranks with him? lol

Jason

Also, why is the Captain driving the jeep when he has two lower ranks with him? lol

Jason

Perhaps the "Captain" is the owner of the jeep?

Ace - hehehe, that last pic still cracks me up.

Awesome pictures! I like how you used the sepia coloring to the photo's giving it that old WWII era look. However, no insult intended, but some of those Airborne boys were a bit chunky to be jumping out of a plane and really wouldn't have cut it in WWII. ;)

they should be in the rear with the gear, not on the front line

they should have weight standards for WWII reenacting, at least some type of regular PT like real soldiers

As if every WWII GI looked like an athlete ..... mad.gifdisgust.gif

Erwin

Your absolutly right Erwin, not every WWII GI was an athlete, most were far from it. I'm not afraid to say that I'm a good 40 pounds overweight myself. However, the airborne would have never allowed these two gentleman, in the third picture, to use cargo chutes to jump with either. ;)

Somehow I missed that picture. :blink:

Well, in that case it is a bit "over the top", yes.

This doesn't mean that comments of some people here are a bit "over the top" too towards people who have a few sizes more.

There were a lot of "bigger" GIs and all did their part for your country, whether it was behind a desk or at the frontline or in a truck.

Start watching some real footage instead of SPF or BoB for once!

Erwin

• 3 weeks later...

Awwww c'mon... haven't ya ever heard of a heavy drop? *laughs* Great photos regardless...

My opinion about the weight thing is that most people dont do this for a living, they do it out of the love for the history. Honestly, I retire officially monday and well, through injuries and such, I've put on a few pounds I wish I hadn't. Reenacting would have been great during my time in the military, but I never had the time to commit to it. Now that I am retired, I can at least go out and do my part at showing the history of the armed forces, and trying to keep everything else as historically correct as I can...

Wayne