Pre Patton 1905 and (3) 1911 Springfield Experimentals

pony soldier

To all Springfield and Patton collectors:

An amazing set of rarites has just been posted for auction. Check out "Poulin Auctions" for the October three day firearms auctions. Included in the third day catalog are 3 M1911 experimentals and I M1905 experimental. They have the sabers and scabbards, one however has taken a regular M1913 scabbard and formed it to resemble a M1911.

At any rate it does add three more M1911 now known as to serial number and are there for the taking if one has the appetite and wallet to match.

Pony Soldier

• 2 weeks later...
pony soldier

Sean:

Congratulations on securing one of the Poulin Auctions M1911. My teeth almost fell out when I opened auction site the first time and saw not one but three of them plus the M1905's. Just my curious nature but which serial number were you able to win. With the commission rate they charge and the onsite bidders it is usually hard to win an internet auction. When I first saw them I thought perhaps about going for one of them, later talked myself out of the emotional surge.

At any rate good for you and hope it finds a center piece display area.

Pony Soldier (Ken)

Spathologist

Ken;

#174, with the modified M1913 scabbard, figured it would go cheapest and it did. I already have a decent M1911 scabbard, so no worries for me there. I just have to decide what to do with a M1913 scabbard that only fits M1911s, lol.

This was a significant part of Frank Barnyak's collection finally coming out. I'm sure it wasn't the choicest part of it, I would be very curious to see what changed hands before these items were released...