B-17s, B-24s, P-47s, Me-109s and MORE!

CorsairAce

So the great Thunder Over Michigan was this past weekend and I drove up from Akron, OH (stopped at antique and militaria places along the way of course) and here are some pics from the show. It was really dark part of the time but still enjoyable.

DSCF92262.jpg

First time since WWII that 2 B-24s have flown in formation. B-24s were made at the airfield 60 years ago.

DSCF94282.jpg

DSCF99562.jpg

DSCF98462.jpg

DSCF9510.jpg

DSCF9281.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Its wonderful to see these graceful old beauties up in the air and not languishing on a runway or hanger, or worst yet in a bone-yard. Thx for showing us this pic's.

There were 4 B-17s! Thunderbird from TX, Yankee Lady from MI, Memphis Belle from all over, and 909 belonging to the Collings Foundation.

Now I really like the AB drop! Put that one in B&W and you wouldn't be able to tell it was this last weekend! Great pictures! thumbsup.gif

brandon_rss18

Ah Thunderbird and ofcourse the beautiful Tarheel Hal, both my babies from my neck of the woods here in Galveston. Very nice pictures.

IMPERIAL QUEST

Beautiful photos. I especially like the P-47 Thunderbolt in the first photo, nice effect. I have a fondness for the "jug" as I flew one during the war in a past life....vvvvvvvrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Dave I like that WWII Color. What did you use? Photoshop?

Yes, I used Photoshop CS2 for it...now what I did I can't remember though! I pretty much kept using various adjustments until it looked right. Mostly I used the color balance to get the majority of it done, and then used curves for slight adjustments. I also used the unsharpen mask to make it a little blurred as well...not much, but just to take the sharp edge off it. Glad you like it! thumbsup.gif

Dave

• 8 months later...