Bundeswehr Troops Receiving US Marksmanship Badges

Proud Kraut

This one is for you, Gil:

Members of the German Artillery School receiving Marksmanship awards from members of the 8th Infantry Division in 1975.

Ausz2.jpg

In addition the Hauptfeldwebel are wearing a DUI as pocket badge. I think it's the US Army Theater Support Cmd Europe, former European Communication Zone DUI. The Nahbollenbach Depot was part of this command and maintained close relationship to the German forces then.

Ausz3.jpg

Neat photo, Lars.

Of course, the American GI's were very proud to receive their German marksmanship awards as well.

Unfortunately my unit did not have a direct counterpart relationship with a German unit, but I believe a number of the infantry units did.

• 3 years later...

I remember seeing a number of Bundeswehr Soldiers wearing locally made sew on version of marksmanship badges while I was in Germany. Was definitely different to see for sure.

Did anyone notice the U.S. Army CSM wearing subdued hash marks on his class A uniform? Wonder what the deal was with that?

That it'll be the angle of his cuff Lee, just muting it, and besides I and no one else ever seen a OD on Black/Black on OD Service stripes subuded, sure the 1920s-1950s OD on Black Wool but not the late 50s-2000s type, but these of course are not those 20s-30s types.