Named WW1 32nd ID Gas Mask

Fritz

Had a nice find today, super nice kraut garde spike and this came with it, mask is in fantastic condition, still soft and even the breathing ballon is still present and soft, the hose is still supper flexible and all the accessories are there, cool thing is it's named to a guy from the 126th Infantry 32nd ID.

Fritz

post-4127-0-00370200-1443147531.jpg

There are plenty of 32nd Infantry Division fans around here - WW1 & WW2. Then again all the divisions and units have their backers. Very nice item and it being named adds so much more.

Too Much WW1 Militaria

A soft mask is pretty rare in and of itself. A soft (or not broken off) balloon is unheard of pretty much. Figure 90% of ww1 masks could be used as building blocks!

John

True, very tru, all the ones I've ever had were bricks. Here's some shots of the mask, completely suple, the ballon is suple and you can still read the stamp on it, the interior of the mask is like new.

Fritz

post-4127-0-79371800-1443230895.jpg

post-4127-0-43145200-1443230909.jpg

post-4127-0-50105100-1443230923.jpg

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Fritz,

That has to be the nicest WW1 mask I've seen in 50+ years of collecting WW1. That mask must of been stored in the most benign place with ideal humidity! Sure wasn't stored in a attic or barn. I don't know if most folks appreciate how rare a find in terms of condition this is! I have a box of bricks here, I take them out of the carriers to avoid wear and tear on the carrier.

John

John, I honestly did not think a mask in this condition existed. Couldn't believe it when I pulled it out when I got home, just about fell over, total time warp piece.

Fritz

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Fritz,

I've seen them with the mask flexible, but the hose is usually solid, or the can is leaking charcoal, or something. The flutter valve/balloon is ALYAYS gone. You probably now own the best condition WW1 mask out there!

John

John, I honestly did not think a mask in this condition existed. Couldn't believe it when I pulled it out when I got home, just about fell over, total time warp piece.

Fritz