Someone didn't do his homework on this Grenade

Rifleman

" Never give a sucker an even break....or smarten up a Chump"

AmazIng.....Gray blanket guy could even sell a piece of deep-fried dog shiiat and get a bidding war going

Just curious, IF this was a ligit item, is the current price out of line? Like stated before, you could get them for 5 bucks. Been out of the loop for a while and have been amazed at what some prices some items are fetching, just curious, Jack.

Fuze is an aluminum repo. Spoon is also a repo. Hole in bottom is sealed with (so I'm told by a knowledgeable person) a 'welch' plug.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post about this.

There were at least 5 different bidders. The first one started at $55 which is WAY too much to begin with. Seems like none of the bidders did much research.

In all fairness, the seller did add: [information added 9/20/2015 8:32:32 PM]have just been told this may not be all original to include added paint.

I thought, for just a second, about emailing the seller and telling him these things while the auction was active but I have done that in the past and gotten back a "FXXK off pal. I know what I have!" response so I didn't say anything this time.

Interestingly, someone posted a picture on this forum of a legit MKII RFX that they picked up a while back. I could not find the thread but I do remember seeing it here.

Guys:

If someone (like this seller) really wanted to educate himself on the myriad ins-and-outs of USGI grenades and the many reproductions of same how would he do it? Is there a good published work on the subject beyond the FMs and TMs? I realize that our Forum here probably has as much on grenades as any place on the 'net but it admittedly is not neatly organized for someone wanting to get a good understanding of the details.

Regards,

Charlie

Supposedly there is a book in the works but it has been in the works for some time now. A couple years at least. Most all of my information has come from other collectors on a questions by question basis. There are some web sites that have specific information about certain aspects of US grenades but nothing comprehensive, that I know of.

I think we all suffer from the same affliction with regard to information on US grenades.

Thankfully this forum doles out useful info on a fairly regular basis.

Dirt Detective

Guys:

If someone (like this seller) really wanted to educate himself on the myriad ins-and-outs of USGI grenades and the many reproductions of same how would he do it? Is there a good published work on the subject beyond the FMs and TMs? I realize that our Forum here probably has as much on grenades as any place on the 'net but it admittedly is not neatly organized for someone wanting to get a good understanding of the details.

Regards,

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I know this site would be a handful and mods cant be everyplace but the Ordnance ref site / Grenade site does need a lot of work. For example here is one thread that was pinned there. Looks like someone went thru and any post that hand Grenade in title was pinned. http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17306-mk-ii-frag-question/

Suggestion..maybe a pinned thread at the top of this forum sending people looking for ref info..because unless someone knows about the ref site..they wouldnt know to look there. Just a thought

Rgds, Mike

Thanks, DD. We do have a lot of great info in our older threads. It can sometimes be a bit of a pain to sort through, particularly if one is looking for the kind of in depth information that can be gained from a published work. I think we need a good book on the subject.

Regards,

Charlie