New Militaria Show Leavenworth KS Nov 20 & 21

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just want to get close to that Kansas City BBQ again. Get a room here and you can have your full on KC fantasy weekend: http://www.chateauavalonhotel.com/

You used to be able to drive on the Ft Leavenworth and do a self-guided tour, driving past homes that once housed the likes of Custer, old 19th Century cavalry stables converted for other uses, etc.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

I'll be glad to see any and all vendors come to this show as our pickings are a bit limited in this part of the Midwest. Jason at Overlooked Antiques is a good guy and I buy many items from him on a regular basis. The venue for this show is pretty nice too. Hoping to see quite a variety of materials there!

Thanks for anyone coming out in November!

WANTED: I collect materials of any age related to the US Army Quartermaster Corps and from the long-defunct Commissary / Subsistence Corps. Anything goes and it doesn't have to be identified to a vet. If it's weird or unusual, please PM me! ASMIC #5650

Depending on early winter weather, the roads can be a bit dicey, but I will put it on the calendar.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

You just want to get close to that Kansas City BBQ again. Get a room here and you can have your full on KC fantasy weekend: http://www.chateauavalonhotel.com/

You used to be able to drive on the Ft Leavenworth and do a self-guided tour, driving past homes that once housed the likes of Custer, old 19th Century cavalry stables converted for other uses, etc.

When I was there in the summer of 2013, you could still access the base if you showed an photo ID, and you consented to your car to be searched.

They have a great museum there dedicated to the Army of the Frontier.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/184726-frontier-army-museum-1800-1916-ft-leavenworth-ks/?hl=%2Bleavenworth+%2Bmuseum

And you could still drive around and see the historic posts, along with a number of memorials including a piece of the Berlin Wall.

For anybody coming from out of the area, don't forget the world class National World War I Museum in Kansas City. It is worth adding a day or at least half a day to your trip for either of these.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/111707-national-world-war-i-museum/

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

donation2017.gif

I've already reserved my tables for this show. I will probably have two tables of insignia and another of gear, etc. I figured I should probably support this show, since I only live about 10 min away!

Follow me on Facebook @zemkecollectables

The good news is that I reserved two tables. The bad news is that they are next to Vance's tables. :lol:

Leavenworth has had a militaria show for years. With all of the student officers at FT Leavenworth, you never know what is going to come walking in the door. I've never not found something great for the collection at one of these shows.

I had heard that this was going to be an 80-90 table show, but I'd be willing to bet that the actual number (assuming they can jam them in the event space) is going to be more in the 120 range. I can already feel it. This is going to be a GREAT show!

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

Thank you all for the support and kind words! I'm looking forward to seeing this show develop and anticipate making it an annual event. I currently have 51 tables rented. The venue I'm using is providing 70 tables with the remainder being tables I've been buying as I find them. Total so far is 86 and I hope to find another 20.

I am working on a special guest for the show. A friend of mine is a WWII Marine vet of Sipan who took a round to the head from a Japanese sniper. His battle damaged helmet survived the war and is now part of my collection. The helmet will be on display at the show, but not sure if Buddy will be there to visit with. He's 89 and not in the best of health. I told him I'd run a bunch of pictures of him with the helmet to autograph and he was welcome to ask for donations in turn. He was excited about that prospect, but we'll see.

If you need a place to stay, the City of Leavenworth has two new hotels. The Fairfield Inn 913-758-9303 which is less than a mile from the show. And the Hampton Inn 913-680-1500 which is within walking distance of the show. The Hampton has it's grand opening October 20th, but reservations can still be made.

If you want to visit the fort and do not have federal gov. ID, you will need to go through the vetting process, security check, before being allowed on post. That occurs at the east gate by 4th and Metropolitan streets.

I'd be happy to answer any questions, feel free to PM me or call the number on the flier.

Collecting WWI and WWII European theater and anything related to the 20th Armored Division.

- Joseph Treiber US Army 1940-1945, 20th Armored, 33rd Cavalry Reconnaissance

www.wwiigimilitarysurplus.com

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2019.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

A quick update on the show. I just got a line on 30 more tables, which will put us just over the 100 table mark! Right now I have 73 spoken for. If you plan on attending as a vendor, don't wait to long to reserve your tables!

Collecting WWI and WWII European theater and anything related to the 20th Armored Division.

- Joseph Treiber US Army 1940-1945, 20th Armored, 33rd Cavalry Reconnaissance

www.wwiigimilitarysurplus.com

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2019.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I've got my room reserved. I should be down there by Friday afternoon.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

donation2017.gif

May need your snow shoes.

Colorado got hit hope itdont mae Kansas ;)

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

May need your snow shoes.

Colorado got hit hope itdont mae Kansas ;)

Prediction is for good weather in KC. I will be just missing a light snow that will hit Omaha on Friday afternoon.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

donation2017.gif

Don't worry Ron. You won't believe this but, I actually packed some pairs of big boy pants........

Really? I am bringing a camera!

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

donation2017.gif

Don't worry Ron. You won't believe this but, I actually packed some pairs of big boy pants........

:o ...tell me its not true???

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..